Norwegian truckers

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Do not want to dose off driving in rural Norway.

If you do you will probably miss the tunnels.
And don't go in the water, the slope you see down towards it probably go on until you are 1/4 mile below the surface.
O and better be good at reversing even if you are in the big rig.
And don't forget your snow chains in winter when there are 20 feet of snow and ice.

Only one + out there, no hauling oversized loads around, at least not with or height.

Last edited:
Why are they all driving on a bicycle path? :eek:

Hehe yeah it look that way, cant be more than 4M wide, and trucks here are 2.55 M wide ( 2.6 M if its a reefer )
So mot much room in those tunnels / avalanche sheds to flex your size.
I only noticed after i posted, he is transporting explosives,,,, maybe to make road wider.

Wouldn't work in most of the world. One lane roads like that requires all drivers not have their head up their butt, have some patience, and common sense.
One idiot and it is all downhill.

I used to go to one mountaintop research facility that had a narrow two lane road up and down, but was tight for cars. To get a truck up there you had to pre-arrange it, and they would close the road to all traffic, except you, Even then it was tight.

We have some paved rural roads there that are what i would call 1.5 lanes, but there are no line in the middle, just keep right and slow down.
And many Danes cant handle that as they have absolutely no feel for how much room their vehicle take up on the road, so they drive by the just keep 3 feet / 1 M distance to everything and you will be fine.
When i worked the ferries and he had to stack the cars, you could see those people panic, but then again most Danes loose it all when they drive om board a ferry, i cant even tell how many times i have had to bite my tongue and not yell at those stupid persons.

Back