Not Cloud Compatible...

Dudealicious

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR650S-2ch
I've had this cam installed for a few months now. Haven't really played with the cloud aspect until a few days ago. After upgrading to the latest firmware 1.003, the cam now tells me "Camera not cloud compatible". Huh?
I'm pretty sure it is. Now that it's telling me this, I'm more interested in getting it working. I've gone through all the necessary steps even deactivated and reactivated the cam several times. My garage has wifi so cam is connected. Car also has wifi. When I try to look at the cam settings via iOS app it tells me cam is offline.

Any suggestions what else to try?

Contacted pittasoft via email but have yet to hear back.

Thanks

Where you brought the cam? Ask the retailer. They should able to answer you.

It was bought online from B&H photo in NYC over 2 months ago. They only offer a 30 return. Communicating with Blackvue, parent company Pittasoft is nothing short of a Pitta-in-the-ass. They're located in Korea, a good 17 hours ahead of me in PST so email communication is about 1 day delayed. At first he told me to update the firmware to v2.007. But I informed him that my cam is a 650s and the highest firmware offered is v1.003. Then a day later I get a oops, my bad. After that, radio silence. So I've requested a warranty return. Now I need to wait anther day for their reply...I hope.

Funny if DR650S version has this problem. Let's wait for Pittasoft CS.

Well I think I am lucky in Philippines . Our local dealer do all the communication . Sometimes indeed very slow response from Korea but usually we do have advance information to troubleshoot.

It's a 650S complete with QR code and all. It's just annoying hearing it say "this camera is not cloud compatible" every time I jump in the vehicle knowing full well it is.

It's a 650S complete with QR code and all. It's just annoying hearing it say "this camera is not cloud compatible" every time I jump in the vehicle knowing full well it is.

Sorry to hear that . Hope you get the answer soon. If a defect, is a defect. The retailer must honor it and process the warranty claims.

Is it saying "Not Cloud Compatible" or something like "Hotspot Unavailable"? Just curious.

So I haven't heard from Blackvue for several days now so I sent an email threatening legal action if they don't respond.
I've also disputed the charge through my credit card. Maybe that will help motivate Pittasoft or B&H where I bought the cam.
Gotta tell ya, I'm not all that impressed with Blackvue.

And yes, it's saying "This camera is not cloud compatible"
My vehicle is WiFi enabled so never a "Hotspot Unavailable"

Well, my letter threatening legal action to every email address I could find at Pittasoft did the trick. I received several apology responses from various departments all promising to resolve the issue. And sure enough it's now fixed.
Turns out they entered my SSID incorrectly into their system. In an attempt to place the blame on me, they said I sent them the incorrect info. But then I reminded them that I only sent a screen grab of the SSID. Impossible to mix up.
Regardless, it's now working properly. Kind of spooky how I can watch the wife driving around real time.

If they're entering SSID's manually, I'm sure future cams will get screwed up as well. I hope this thread will help future Blackvue cloud owners as well.

Back