Not recording

samsara

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I noticed the other day that I was no longer receiving cloud notifications: usually, everyday I will get some from when I unlock and lock the car. I'm connected, and get live view. Then I noticed that the system hadn't been recording at all (not even normal mode driving) for the past few days. I tried reformatting the car and then causing an event by opening and closing the door: zilch.

I then loaded down the latest software for the model, 2.08 (think I had been running 2.07). The card initialised and then I received the 'starting normal recording' alert. I attempted an event again, but no recording or notification. As we known the motion sensitivity threshold on these cams is very low, so I'd usually get parking mode clips, but again nothing is being recorded.

Would be grateful for your thoughts.

Hi Jokiin, yes I have thought I should try this, and I will do so. The current one is only 3 months old, and is a lexmar card designed for a high number of overwrites, so I'd be disappointed if there's been a totally failure with the card. I'll update after I've tried.

mmm, was indeed the card. I'll try a full (slow) reformat on the one I removed. If it turns out to be a dud, it's going back to Amazon (note was Amazon supplied rather than a seller on Amazon - I was trying to avoid buying a copy....)

The Lexar cards manufactured in 2017 seem to be quite problematic. I would probably stick with Transcend or Samsung going forward

Back