Not recording

ryanneedham

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i recently got reversed into (not major and no damage but wanted the clip because it was funny) but when i tried to go into playback mode it says "no image". i plugged my dash cam into my laptop and saw plenty of files on there so why are they not in playback mode, also my last clip recorded was 4 days ago and I've driven every day since. I then formatted my SD card and when i plug my dash cam in it still says it has files on it??? why is my dash cam not recording and why cant i play them back. This is the SD card i'm using as it was recommended in a dash cam video (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B011O3UBBO) thanks in advance

If you've formatted the card but it's still showing files can you try and copy the files to the laptop. Are they protected files ?

Not sure how protection affects formatting, Tiffany will know.

What SD card would you recommend because I’ve given up with this one

Samsung U3, Sandisk or Transcend High Endurance cards are all solid choices, main thing is buy from a reputable source, a lot of fakes being sold online

If the card shows as write protected when in your lappy, then that's your problem, it can't be written to, thus no recordings.
Bin it and get a new card, as your existing one is duff or at the very best extremely suspect.

Yep, that'll do it everytime.

Back