Notification If Camera is not recording

al_x

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9663DC, A119, B40, G1W
Hello,

I just bought this camera. Was debating between the Thinkware F800 and this and decided on the SG because of the support available on here. Just a question...is there a way for the camera to make a beep or something if the SD card happens to be corrupt or the camera for some reason cannot record? If not, would this be something that can be added in future firmware?

Thanks.

Hello,

I just bought this camera. Was debating between the Thinkware F800 and this and decided on the SG because of the support available on here. Just a question...is there a way for the camera to make a beep or something if the SD card happens to be corrupt or the camera for some reason cannot record? If not, would this be something that can be added in future firmware?

Thanks.

does that already, it will continue to double beep when not recording

does that already, it will continue to double beep when not recording
Awesome, thank you for the quick reply. That ticks all the marks for the best camera to me then based on what's on the market. Keep up the good work!

we still have work to do, if you've done your two year warranty registration on our website then you'll get an email notification when firmware updates are released

we still have work to do, if you've done your two year warranty registration on our website then you'll get an email notification when firmware updates are released
One more question...I have an A119 which I'm replacing because it has an issue where the last file recorded for each drive is corrupted. I suspect this has something to do with the capacitor cutting before it has a chance to save the last file because my other A119 does not do this. Both use the same Transcend High Endurance cards. Does the SG9663DC have something to detect if this happens and beep to notify the user as a result?

One more question...I have an A119 which I'm replacing because it has an issue where the last file recorded for each drive is corrupted. I suspect this has something to do with the capacitor cutting before it has a chance to save the last file because my other A119 does not do this. Both use the same Transcend High Endurance cards. Does the SG9663DC have something to detect if this happens and beep to notify the user as a result?

that does sound like a capacitor fault, that's not something you can get the camera to warn you about as it's a hardware failure

that does sound like a capacitor fault, that's not something you can get the camera to warn you about as it's a hardware failure
Do you know if I use the wifi function with an app to review the videos, I'd be able to figure out the file is corrupt since the file won't play? Or would the corrupt file just not show up at all on the wifi apps?

It would still show up I think, if you did have a corrupt file they can often be repaired to make playable

It would still show up I think, if you did have a corrupt file they can often be repaired to make playable
No way....do you know a good program for this to be done? My friend had an accident yesterday and the last file was corrupt which showed the accident....

You don't need a program, just play the file back in the camera to repair it
Holy crap...I just did it and it worked. Thank you so so much for letting me know this. Will this trick work on SG too?

Back