Office security

williamjohnson

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi, I have recently installed a commercial access control system in Toronto office. It controls access of the main door and also the important files in the database, Till now its working fine. But one thing I wanted to add is the live monitoring feature. I haven't yet talked with the providers yet, thought of getting some suggestions on it first. Is it possible to track and monitor all the systems present in my office? If I am able to, then it would be beneficial for me as I can check my employees work anytime. This is the only thing that is not present in my security system. Need your suggestions on it.

better off talking to the place you linked to, this is a dashcam forum, very slim odds of anyone here having much experience with this, perhaps ask on a forum more closely related to that type of product

It's a bit unclear what you have and what you want to monitor live.
If you mean computer systems then anything you can do within the office you can do remotely using a VPN (virtual private network.)
Accessing live/recorded video remotely is a fairly standard feature on even cheap disk-based CCTV systems aimed at domestic use, so if that's what you're after it should be available.
If your CCTV cameras are IP cameras and they use common standards (e.g. ONVIF) then you could even install a separate cheap CCTV disk system as mentioned above, plug it into your network, and without additional wiring, it can be set up to see/record your ONVIF cameras and make it all available via the Internet.

However, consumer CCTV systems that allow remote access (via THEIR web servers) are very insecure and you could be opening your business network up to easily being hacked into. A good VPN set up by someone who knows what they are doing is much better.

Back