Official Garmin micro USB cable + third party charger?

mikolajek

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Dash Cam
Garmin Dash Cam 55
Well, it's another variation of the frustrating story with using non-Garmin cables to power our cams...

I've been wondering if the whole issue is actually with the cable being genuine or with the power that Garmin's native lighter plug delivers. So effectively my question is - if I get a genuine Garmin USB to micro-USB cable and connect it to a standard 2.4A charger, will it work?

Alternatively, Garmin's own dual USB charger is listed as a supported accessory - has anyone used it successfully with DC55?

I don't really want to install the giant Garmin's plug in my car, as it will stick and cover part of the console, so I'm looking for some way to overcome the issue.

If it is listed as a supported accessory, I would hope it would work with it..

Yep, but I'm not sure if the USB cable would be enough, or do I need a Garmin-certified combo...

It looks like the little tiny CLA you linked to at least comes with a cable unless you are trying to use something you already have routed around your vehicle

It sounds like he is asking if the cable that comes with the CLA can be used without the CLA in a vehicle. I'm guessing the magic needed to power the camera is in the CLA.

The dual USB adapter will work as should any other one that can provide at least 1A. BTW, the dual USB adapter ships with the new DC 56.

Back