Ok, help, confused!

the_big_1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I had two cameras in mind for my Mercedes C63.
I wanted good picture, fit two cameras, front and rear, able to record when parked up and detect shock etc. GPS too. Need to small and discrete.

So I started on the mini 08060. Had all the requirements on paper but then found that the "parking guard" only works with a special base, that no body seems to sell. The hard wired kit cause radio interference and lots of reports of GPS and bases not working.
So then I found the Blackbvue 650. All sounded good, wifi etc. then I find that they interfere with DAB and some other radio's.
Are there any cameras that do have these features, are discrete and most of actually work with big issues??!

C63,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Droooool :cool:
If i was to win lotto and buy a regular car the c63 is quite up there on the list. :D
Sad part is i will only get 1 car, but i will have to pay for 3 :( ( 153.752,45£ prize for the 2013 C63 )

Last edited:
Just has to mention the car right........ I could go bi with bi-turbo, especially around corners like top gear showed.

It's a nice ride and I'd go with 2 x panorama x2's with the rears on the sides.

I'd give a kidney for a week flogging a 63.

Hi ya,

Would I need two screens etc for front and rear cameras?

And if you flog it, it costs a kidney lol

You dont really need any screens ( in my book )
The screen is only there to line up the camera, but with trial and error you can do that in 3 trys without a screen.
Second you can use the screen to do the initial setup of the cameras, file length - parking guard and other stuff like that, but once thats done you should not have any use for the screen again.
Okay if you get into a fender bender and have to hand over some footage to a cop its nice that you can select the file on the camera and then allso copy that single file to a small ( 4 Gb ) card and give that to the cop on the spot, but again i assume you could wait untill you got home and there take the file off your SD card and then e-mail or snail mail it to the cops / insurance company.
I cant see the need to hand over the footage right on the spot, besides here the cops only come if 1 or more ppl is hurt or the road is completely blocked.
And if there is no cops and its just a "little" fender bender i wouldent even mention you have a dashcam, so the other part get a chance to lie to his insurance company, and he can be busted for that too.
My Lukas have a pice of software i use to change settings via my computer, then i save them to the memory card, and the camera detect that on the next boot and use the new settings i have made.

Looks like there is room for somthing in the C63 ( not as bad as i feared )

But you still have to be carefull as i am sure that nicee car is crammed with all sorts of stuff, so it might be problematic to run cables back and forth.

I assume you will like to keep the cams in the car 24/7 since you mention parking guard.

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes I would prefer no screens at all, just two cameras front and rear, hence why I looked at the Blackvue 650.
I want the cameras as small as possible and no, they wont be removed, they will be in all the time and need the parking gaurd type application so they can record all the time then secure with impact etc.

The cameras with the best parking guard feature seem to be the powerurcc / panorama cameras, and of those the most discreet is the X1 ( allso to be found wearing the street guard brand and the model number SGZC12RC )
They do have a headunit with a screen, but its fairly small and i am sure you can find a place to hide those in the C63.
Only downside with them is that they dont have the build in battery discharge protection, but units for that you can get on the side.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/panorama-x1-remote-lens-sony-exmor-imx322-wdr-gps.8500/

Our good friend @niko will be carrying these with the street guardian brand, so you should be covered 100% if you choose to go that route.
As you can see the camera unit itself dont come much smaller than the X1.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cameras with the best parking guard feature seem to be the powerurcc / panorama cameras, and of those the most discreet is the X1 ( allso to be found wearing the street guard brand and the model number SGZC12RC )
They do have a headunit with a screen, but its fairly small and i am sure you can find a place to hide those in the C63.
Only downside with them is that they dont have the build in battery discharge protection, but units for that you can get on the side.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/panorama-x1-remote-lens-sony-exmor-imx322-wdr-gps.8500/

Our good friend @niko will be carrying these with the street guardian brand, so you should be covered 100% if you choose to go that route.
As you can see the camera unit itself dont come much smaller than the X1.

Thanks.
I did get few days ago a stock of Street Guardian brand of "X1" ( SGZC12RC ), but I am now testing it for about 1 week to make sure everything is up to standards before making any orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back