Ops! Leaked Vantrue N5s and N4ProS - future models?

Adel

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
None for the moment
Well my dear dr. Watson, let's play the "Spot the difference game".

In the app, when selecting a device, there are some interesting pictures for the LTE connected dashcams, we have the N2x and something extra: N5s and N4proS.

At the first glance, you might take them as the N4pro and N5 model images but there are a couple of differences:

1. When superimposing the the images, it can be clearly seen that the sizes are a not similar, the N5s being a tad smaller. Also N4Pros is a bit smaller concerning the footprint of the "shoe". Even they are seen from a other perspective angle.

2. The "shoe", which is glued to the windscreen, is quite different on both models, see it for yourself. My guess it that we might see a connection for both cables (DC and rear) on the shoe making it easier to take off the dashcam.

3. The lens. Well, there is another story, sems that the render for the S models use a coated lens and lacks the glass plane protection seen at the regular models. My guess is that we are speaking of improved optics, but similar lens in both models.

4. The interior camera seen on N5 is missing on the N5S. Since Vantrue has a bit of edge before the competition with a one of a kind 4ch dashcam on the market, it would be rather unusual to loose this advantage. So, my guesses are that either they considered that a 4ch 2.5k cam has some limitations and it's not a market hit so they cut one cam, increased some optics and resolutions (maybe another Starvis 2 and some HDR) and marketed it as a cheaper $pro with LTE abilities or they took the hard road in improving the N5 with HDR and maybe, who knows, other sensors in rear cam (the focus was quite a long story around here).

5. It can be seen that also the lid with the orange button on it is a bit different, and I think that not only due to the render. Again, my guesses are that it's a bit of a rework there, maybe a sturdier lid, that will not drops as easy.

As I know, constructing another 3d model just for an image render for the app takes time and it would not be necessary if nothing is different (As I always say: If ain't broken, don't mend it or you'll end up just spilling the milk!) , my guesses are that we are expecting a couple of launches from Vantrue.

Going further, as I recollect, the N5 and N4Pro were released in summer 2023, a bit of July, as seen on Amazon at the details, I would bet that within a couple of weeks, we should see somethings.

Playing the guessing game, since in autumn Viofo threw the A229 Plus/Pro models, I just foresee, in my crystal ball, another interesting things might be coming.

Off topic. Speaking of whishes, I would just like to see European stores for Vantrue and Viofo, but, neh, on practical bases, seems a rather complicated and costly option (a warehouse in EU, an office and stuff).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240716_102153_Vantrue Connected.jpg
    Screenshot_20240716_102153_Vantrue Connected.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Vantrue future models.jpg
    Vantrue future models.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 19
A bit of a correction: at no 4, it's not the interior camera but the screen. So, upgrading the guesses, it's a non screen camera just to relive the pressure on the processor since the 4ch just take quite some power to work good.

A bit of a correction: at no 4, it's not the interior camera but the screen. So, upgrading the guesses, it's a non screen camera just to relive the pressure on the processor since the 4ch just take quite some power to work good.
Already covered here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...vantrue-connected-replaces-vantrue-app.51246/

Look to be honest, the image renders could be anything. But I'd go more with the fact that the older S1 Pro got LTE module support so would make sense for the Nexus 4 Pro to gain that at the very least. Which makes me think it's just a typo for model numbers within the app and that there won't be 'S' variants.

I could be completely wrong too but the N2X has only just landed and the E360 hasn't been released either. Would take anything else as a pinch of salt at this moment in time...

Well, I
Already covered here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...vantrue-connected-replaces-vantrue-app.51246/

Look to be honest, the image renders could be anything. But I'd go more with the fact that the older S1 Pro got LTE module support so would make sense for the Nexus 4 Pro to gain that at the very least. Which makes me think it's just a typo for model numbers within the app and that there won't be 'S' variants.

I could be completely wrong too but the N2X has only just landed and the E360 hasn't been released either. Would take anything else as a pinch of salt at this moment in time...

Well, I guess you are right since you know them better than me.

By the way, thanks for the reviews, they are a great source of info, they helped me a lot.

Back