Ordered Nextbase 622 gw bundle should i cancel

dazzer1212

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I ordered the nextbase 622gw bundle with rear cam and install but I am seeing a few posts on Google with reliability concerns and poor customer service.

I am in the UK and want front and rear with parking protection, I always seem to get bumped on supermarket car park whilst shopping.

I got 10% off so £384 with nectbase install are they actually OK or should I be looking at something else?

We generally don't recommend Nextbase here, because they use lithium batteries, which in the heat of a windscreen, even in UK weather, have an average life of only about 18 months, after which they need a soldering iron. Other than that, I think the 622 is not bad, but is a generation behind the Viofo dashcams that do get recommended here, and are somewhat cheaper for better image quality, and don't use lithium batteries!

I'm not sure that Nextbase service is bad, but they do like to sell you a refurbished replacement camera when your battery dies at 10 months old!

Ok so maybe I should cancel

1.what viofo bundle should I be looking at.

2. Where can I purchase.

3. Can I get professional install.

Thanks so much.

1.what viofo bundle should I be looking at.
I think the equivalent would be the A229 Pro, 2 channel version:
2. Where can I purchase.
For UK sale, the Viofo store on Amazon.co.uk is a good choice with easy returns, especially if you have Amazon Prime and wait for Prime day, coming up.
There is a viofouk reseller with their own website, and you can buy direct from Viofo China, returns are not so easy, but it is reliable and sometimes has good sale prices when others don't.
3. Can I get professional install.
Buy the recommended hardwire kit for the model you choose, when you buy the camera, then it is an easy install, most professional installers/audio installers will be happy to install a Viofo.

I recommend buying a Viofo memory card too, they are high quality cards, there are often issues when using lesser cards with 3 channel setups, for 2 channels it is not essential, but still recommended.

No need to buy a CPL filter, that is included in the Pro version.

A video introduction to this dashcam:

I think the equivalent would be the A229 Pro, 2 channel version:

For UK sale, the Viofo store on Amazon.co.uk is a good choice with easy returns, especially if you have Amazon Prime and wait for Prime day, coming up.
There is a viofouk reseller with their own website, and you can buy direct from Viofo China, returns are not so easy, but it is reliable and sometimes has good sale prices when others don't.

Buy the recommended hardwire kit for the model you choose, when you buy the camera, then it is an easy install, most professional installers/audio installers will be happy to install a Viofo.

I recommend buying a Viofo memory card too, they are high quality cards, there are often issues when using lesser cards with 3 channel setups, for 2 channels it is not essential, but still recommended.

No need to buy a CPL filter, that is included in the Pro version.

A video introduction to this dashcam:
Would this be the correct hardwire kit for the a229 pro.

I always seem to get bumped on supermarket car park whilst shopping.
One nice feature on the Viofo cameras is the Parking Duration Timer, set it to 2 or 3 hours and the camera will record your supermarket visits, but will never record all night and empty your battery. Also it has a low bitrate parking mode that records everything that happens in the supermarket car park, including audio, so there is no chance of someone scratching your car and the impact or whatever detection method failing to detect and start recording. I think the Nextbase will only record the supermarket car park if it detects an impact, and doesn't record anything until a few seconds after the impact.

Would this be the correct hardwire kit for the a229 pro.
HK4 is correct.

Which type of fuse tap you need depends on your vehicle, the HK4 with a selection of fuse tap types will cover most vehicles, but if you are getting it professionally installed, the installer should have the correct type anyway, so the HK4 on its own should be adequate.

(I think your question got delayed because you are a new member, and you included a link - Welcome :))

Note that some vehicles, mainly BMW, tend to complain about battery drain when dashcams are used in parking mode, if you have a BMW then you might want to read up on this.

HK4 is correct.

Which type of fuse tap you need depends on your vehicle, the HK4 with a selection of fuse tap types will cover most vehicles, but if you are getting it professionally installed, the installer should have the correct type anyway, so the HK4 on its own should be adequate.

(I think your question got delayed because you are a new member, and you included a link - Welcome :))

Note that some vehicles, mainly BMW, tend to complain about battery drain when dashcams are used in parking mode, if you have a BMW then you might want to read up on this.
Thanks for all this info, just hope it comes on offer on prime day as it is coming in quite a bit more expensive than the nextbase 622 bundle. I looked on viofo uk and cheaper there but not by the time import duties are added.

I looked on viofo uk and cheaper there but not by the time import duties are added.
I don't think Cambridgeshire to Staffordshire involves import duties?
China to Stoke does, for that amount, if you choose to pay them, which of course you should; but ViofoUK is the UK importer, import duties should already be paid, VAT is already in the price, and shipping is free.

as it is coming in quite a bit more expensive than the nextbase 622 bundle.
Is that because of installation? On the camera prices the A229 Pro 2 channel appeared the cheaper on my quick google search...

You could go for the cheaper A229 Plus, same as the Pro but is 2K instead of 4K. Perfectly adequate for accident damage, not so good for reporting bad behaviour to the police. I think the 622 is really equivalent the the older A129 Pro, but like the 622, that is not the current generation of sensors and doesn't have the HDR for night time plate reading.

I don't think Cambridgeshire to Staffordshire involves import duties?
China to Stoke does, for that amount, if you choose to pay them, which of course you should; but ViofoUK is the UK importer, import duties should already be paid, VAT is already in the price, and shipping is free.

Is that because of installation? On the camera prices the A229 Pro 2 channel appeared the cheaper on my quick google search...

You could go for the cheaper A229 Plus, same as the Pro but is 2K instead of 4K. Perfectly adequate for accident damage, not so good for reporting bad behaviour to the police. I think the 622 is really equivalent the the older A129 Pro, but like the 622, that is not the current generation of sensors and doesn't have the HDR for night time plate reading.
Prior to cancelling the nextbase bundle which included 622 front plus rear plus 256gb sd card plus fitting it came in at £384 which is pretty good until you read reliability is an issue.

The viofo uk site I was on I added all of the equivalent items with a 60% discount and it was coming in at just over £320 but it said shipping from China this was not including fitting.

From viofo amazon from the UK reseller even before fitting with only a 128gb card it is close to or just over £400.

Prior to cancelling the nextbase bundle which included 622 front plus rear plus 256gb sd card plus fitting it came in at £384 which is pretty good until you read reliability is an issue.

The viofo uk site I was on I added all of the equivalent items with a 60% discount and it was coming in at just over £320 but it said shipping from China this was not including fitting.

From viofo amazon from the UK reseller even before fitting with only a 128gb card it is close to or just over £400.
My bad I was on viofo.com comes in at 303.25 free shipping from China for a229 pro 256gb sd card viofo card and hk4 hardwire kit with x4 fuse taps.

That price if it included vat would be near to my nextbase price.

Would ordering from China be safe .?
Yes, only issue is if it needs to be returned, which is unlikely, and Viofo will normally help out if there are issues.

Most people choose to use the standard slow shipping, the fast couriers tend to collect the tax from you, to save you the effort of having to pay yourself, or at least, that is what I have heard.

Back