Outdoor for a car?

wkearney99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
ARECORD B40D
I've reached out to Viofo support and they tell me their A129 Plus Duo supports using a different rear camera that works outdoors.

Does anyone else make something similar? I don't love the somewhat dated resolution of the front camera on the A129. I don't need high res on the rear but wouldn't mind having better than 1080p on the front.

The way the back glass slopes, and how the mechanism moves it does not lend itself to a workable install of most inside rear cameras.

Attachments

• viofo A129 Duo Plus rear camera.png
    viofo A129 Duo Plus rear camera.png
    763 KB · Views: 16
  • targa rear quarter.png
    targa rear quarter.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
It is a waterproof rear cam with HDR supported, if mounted outside, it has good night performance.

There are some users asked us if we have a waterproof rear cam, so we developed this, we have some samples in stock, if other users need this for testing, please contact us.

I'm waiting for the car to get back from the shop. I want to eye up where a camera of that size would best fit. What is the length of the cable from the camera to the extension? And would the extension have a problem with a connector being put in the wires? With a proper sort of connector. Or is the length very specific for timing purposes?

I ask because if I put the camera on the rear bumper it'd need to be easy to disconnect, as that's how much of the service is done to the engine (the whole bumper cover is designed to come off for this).

Back