Parking guard not working with 0906 hardwire kit

everolimus

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I've been trying to install my 0906 using the supplied hardwire kit, and I'm having some troubles getting parking mode to activate. The kit I got only had one set of fuse taps, so I had to go out and buy another set myself. My car uses low profile mini fuses, and while I was able to find a tap that fits, I was only able to get a normal mini fuse (not low profile).

I've connected the red cable to a constant power fuse, black to ground, and yellow to one that's only powered when the car is on (I've tried both the cigarette lighter and sunroof fuses). The dashcam powers on when connected to the hardwiring kit, but doesn't automatically switch to parking mode when I turn the car off. I've checked the voltages on the fuses using a multimeter and they're all powered/not powered when they're supposed to be. The only way I can get parking mode to activate is if I manually pull the fuse to which the yellow wire is attached to.

Any ideas on what this might be? I was wondering if it was because I'm using a normal mini fuse, and not a low profile one, but I'm not sure if that's how it works. Does the fuse in the top slot have to be a certain amp fuse? The one included in the kit was 5A, but the only one I could get was 20A (currently using this for the ACC fuse tap).

Thanks in advance!

if manually pulling the fuse activates the parking mode then that would indicate that the circuit you are using for the yellow wire is not ACC switched, or has a delay in switching off as some circuits in modern cars often do, try a different circuit

if manually pulling the fuse activates the parking mode then that would indicate that the circuit you are using for the yellow wire is not ACC switched, or has a delay in switching off as some circuits in modern cars often do, try a different circuit

I'm not sure that's the case, and I've tested the circuits using a multimeter - both the sunroof and cigarette lighter circuits have no voltage when off. They also don't work/provide no power when off, but the dashcam doesn't respond. I've tried waiting for 3 minutes after the car has been turned off, and there's no response.

if pulling the fuse on the yellow wire puts it in parking mode then the circuit must be live

Thanks, I went back a double checked today, and like you said the circuit was live. I tested using a multimeter again and found a different fuse, and it's working as intended now.

I am seeing similar, I think, I have a Hyundai 2016 I30. I have been running off the cigarette lighter for some time. I have a parking guard kit, so decided to try it.
First thing was to find the right fuses to use for the piggyback/add a fuses. With the ignition off, I tested all of the fuses - all those which showed no voltage, I noted as "Switched", those with 12V I noted as "Permanent".
Now amongst the fuses there are several labelled "spare" - in 10A, 15A,20A, and 25A - there were two switched 10A, and one "permanent" 10A. I also checked to see that the Switched had 12V when the ignition was turned on.

I used one of the switched and removed the fuse and measured each side (of it, and the "Permanent" to determine which side was positive and negative - there was 12V on the right hand side, looking at it (depending on the ignition being on for the switched), of course.

- I added a 10A fuse into each of two add-a-fuses, the "Switched" connecting to the yellow wire, the permanent to the red wire - the tails of each running off to the left.

I plugged in the microUSB, and ... nothing ... the Dashcam doesn't power up. I tried metering where the add-a-fuse wires connect to the Parking Guard device - the red wire shows 12.48V, the yellow, about 2V when turned off, and about 12.38 when turned on. I have the parking guard on the "lowest setting" i.e. 11.4 - which, as I understand it, means it shouldn't power down the device until the voltage gets that low... I can probably run that higher...

Any ideas?

I am seeing similar, I think, I have a Hyundai 2016 I30. I have been running off the cigarette lighter for some time. I have a parking guard kit, so decided to try it.
First thing was to find the right fuses to use for the piggyback/add a fuses. With the ignition off, I tested all of the fuses - all those which showed no voltage, I noted as "Switched", those with 12V I noted as "Permanent".
Now amongst the fuses there are several labelled "spare" - in 10A, 15A,20A, and 25A - there were two switched 10A, and one "permanent" 10A. I also checked to see that the Switched had 12V when the ignition was turned on.

I used one of the switched and removed the fuse and measured each side (of it, and the "Permanent" to determine which side was positive and negative - there was 12V on the right hand side, looking at it (depending on the ignition being on for the switched), of course.

- I added a 10A fuse into each of two add-a-fuses, the "Switched" connecting to the yellow wire, the permanent to the red wire - the tails of each running off to the left.

I plugged in the microUSB, and ... nothing ... the Dashcam doesn't power up. I tried metering where the add-a-fuse wires connect to the Parking Guard device - the red wire shows 12.48V, the yellow, about 2V when turned off, and about 12.38 when turned on. I have the parking guard on the "lowest setting" i.e. 11.4 - which, as I understand it, means it shouldn't power down the device until the voltage gets that low... I can probably run that higher...

Any ideas?
Are you sure you use the 3-wire hardwire kit from MEG? Red wire to the always-on socket "Permanent", Yellow wire to ACC socket "Switched", Black wire to GND; And set its cut off value to be 11.8V on the hardwire kit!

Are you sure you use the 3-wire hardwire kit from MEG? Red wire to the always-on socket "Permanent", Yellow wire to ACC socket "Switched", Black wire to GND; And set its cut off value to be 11.8V on the hardwire kit!

yup, just double checked - red wire - is always on - checked voltage at the end of the tail on the add-a-fuse. yellow wire - switched - yup, have it off an add-a-fuse - it shows about 2V when "Off", and 12.3V when ignition is one. Switch set to 11.8V -

It's a three wire kit - bought on ebay - don't know who "MEG" is, but here is a picture of it.

47572IMG_0408.jpg

Checking what - looking for what - I am using a fuse location that is listed as 10A spare - it shows up as being switched - I can pop the add-a-fuse out and see if the fuse socket shows as 0V or different. I guess I can always move to another switched (fuse). I thought I would be safe from overloading by going with a "spare" fuse, but perhaps they aren't as fussy about how they wire the "spares".

if your vehicle uses CAN-BUS wiring system the computer can control the circuits, fuse panel itself may not tell the whole story, should not have 2V at key off on an ACC switched fuse

if your vehicle uses CAN-BUS wiring system the computer can control the circuits, fuse panel itself may not tell the whole story, should not have 2V at key off on an ACC switched fuse

It's a 2016 Hyundai I30 - a quick google indicates that model may have CAN-BUS - what are options if that is the case.

OK, tried that - looked at a 15A spare fuse - tested it before to determine whether switched - it is - switched off is 0.V with the original fuse in, and with the in side of that fuse - switched on, I see 12.3V - put the add-a-fuse in (with two 10A) for that switched connection - nothing - no power to the unit. With the that add-a-fuse in, and the ignition switched off - I do see 0.045V - is this potentially some circuit leakage inside the parking guard box? Does this indicate that it (the parking guard box) is non-functional - is there some easy way of testing it?

Does this indicate that it (the parking guard box) is non-functional - is there some easy way of testing it?
You can try to connect the yellow and red wires together and connect them to a constant power. Dash should turn on and start recording. If this does not happen, try to start the engine, the mains voltage will rise above 13.0 volts, if in this case the dash turns on, then the module (Hardwire Kit 0906) is probably faulty and the low voltage cut-off in it does not work as it should.

Hi all,

I've been trying to install my 0906 using the supplied hardwire kit, and I'm having some troubles getting parking mode to activate. The kit I got only had one set of fuse taps, so I had to go out and buy another set myself. My car uses low profile mini fuses, and while I was able to find a tap that fits, I was only able to get a normal mini fuse (not low profile).

I've connected the red cable to a constant power fuse, black to ground, and yellow to one that's only powered when the car is on (I've tried both the cigarette lighter and sunroof fuses). The dashcam powers on when connected to the hardwiring kit, but doesn't automatically switch to parking mode when I turn the car off. I've checked the voltages on the fuses using a multimeter and they're all powered/not powered when they're supposed to be. The only way I can get parking mode to activate is if I manually pull the fuse to which the yellow wire is attached to.

Any ideas on what this might be? I was wondering if it was because I'm using a normal mini fuse, and not a low profile one, but I'm not sure if that's how it works. Does the fuse in the top slot have to be a certain amp fuse? The one included in the kit was 5A, but the only one I could get was 20A (currently using this for the ACC fuse tap).

Thanks in advance!
Hallo friend,
I also just bought this cam and had some problems with the settings to save or save, so my question to you is whether you have saved your settings correctly because otherwise your cam will not record anything, you also have to connect the yellow wire Link ACC otherwise the parking position will not work.
Let me know maybe I can help you because it works for me
Everything good.

Last edited:
Back