Parking guard with alternate 3 wire kit?

bassilap

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does the parking guard kit have to be made specifically for the 0906? I have one made for Viofo (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07JQ1JYPJ) that im using (with a mini to micro usb adapter). The issue is that the camera does not turn off/enter parking mode. It doesn't matter what parking mode setting or power off delay setting I use. If I unplug the ACC wire, the camera acts exactly the same. I know the ACC fuse is working as I also have LED lights connected to the same fuse.

My best guess is that the signal sent by the viofo kit is different than whats used by the 0906 kit. The kits look identical though. I just bought the viofo because the 0906 wasn't available on Amazon at the time.

not compatible, uses a different format to signal parking mode
Ah I see. Thanks!
How does one even figure that out? I tried to web search what exactly what these kits do to signal the parking mode, but couldnt really find much.
Edit: I see you're tagged as a manufacturer. I guess that's how you know!

I couldn't get the 0906 hardwire kit from amazon either, I think I bought it from aliexpress eventually.

I've had both kits and they do seem to behave differently (not sure if it's the camera or hardwire kit though)
With the viofo I could get it to switch between parking mode with just the turning on/off the ignition

With the mini 0906 I had to actually start the engine (maybe it was looking for a higher voltage?)
It also seemed to behave oddly - even when I connected it in a 2 wire configuration it would come up in parking mode (probably because the engine was not running?)

The Viofo HK3 is probably not providing the right voltage for the mini 0906.

I don't have my Viofo HK3 anymore (I still have the mini 0906 one though)

Yea,the viofo hk3 kit behaved strangely for me too. Most of the time, my 0906 cam acted like permanently hardwired on though, but there were other behaviors they were inconsistent.
I tried messing around with off vs ACC vs Engine on, and different parking modes but it didnt seem to work right.
I'm sending back the viofo kit. I have a 0906 kit made by blueskysea coming in the mail (0906 cam is made by Veckle.) Fingers crossed.

Yea,the viofo hk3 kit behaved strangely for me too. Most of the time, my 0906 cam acted like permanently hardwired on though, but there were other behaviors they were inconsistent.
I tried messing around with off vs ACC vs Engine on, and different parking modes but it didnt seem to work right.
I'm sending back the viofo kit. I have a 0906 kit made by blueskysea coming in the mail (0906 cam is made by Veckle.) Fingers crossed.

This is the one I was using on my 0906.

If it's for 0906 you should be good

Just got the new one in the mail. Came with this nice guide. Will try to install tomorrow.20200105_211030.jpg

Yes, that's the guide I got with mine, exactly the same as well I think.

I think the same hardwire kit is sold under several brand names although the unit I have doesn't actually have any branding on it.

Tested it yesterday and seems to work! I only tested with the first two modes from the picture.

Thanks for the help all!

Back