Parking mode, am I going crazy

Micknova

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm new to the dashcam world as been holding off until could have one hardwired.

I've now got the nextbase 320xr in front and rear.
I got the camara as it has parking mode (been bumped when parked previously) however I notice when I turn the car off battery always says low.
I understand they only run on Mon power and to get a few impacts should I be so unlucky, however what sort of impact would it record.

Any tips as to how I can test it without breaking my car.

I'm just confused as to whether it's working or not.

How often do dashcams record footage in parking mode?

Am I just been paranoid and it only records when has a real noticeable impact

however I notice when I turn the car off battery always says low.

Are you referring to the dash cam battery or the car battery? If it's a battery on the dash cam, then it sounds like you either aren't driving your car long enough to charge up the dash cam battery or your battery is bad.

I got the camara as it has parking mode (been bumped when parked previously) however I notice when I turn the car off battery always says low.

How often do dashcams record footage in parking mode?

I looked at the manual for your camera:

This is what it said for Parking Mode

Parking Mode
When Parking Mode has been turned on,
the Dash Cam enters standby mode when the 12Vdc
supply has been turned OFF (typically removing your
ignition key).

The Dash Cam will also enter standby mode if no
physical movement is detected for 5 minutes.
Should physical movement of the vehicle be
detected, the Dash Cam will power on and start
recording a 30 second protected video.

If no further physical movement is detected then the
Dash Cam will return to standby mode, if physical
movement is detected subsequently, then the
camera will continue to record normally, i.e. driving
once more.

Options: On and Off
Default: Off

It seems it will record if there is movement detected. There is a G-Force setting that determines if the recording is write protected. You could possibly push on your car to see if you can get the file to write protect.

Thankyou, this confirms what I was thinking.
I have only had the dashcam fitted a couple of days and in that time I've driven about 45min total. This would have been with camera filming too so wondered if it was due to not been charged enough. Of course I've been messing lots with it during that time too.

I have it wired I'm presuming to the ignition as when I remove keys I do see it go off. Then when I close door it comes back on (presuming the door closing impacts the parking mode). It's usually at this stage I notice it says low battery.

I tried the push against my car and look a wierdo waving around Infront of my car randomly

I'll go try test it again shortly too during lunch see what happens

Hey i got the same dash cam. Still working on the mounting/install, I'm not too sure about the how the mounting thing sticks to the windshield... seems a bit hard to adjust and that it will eventually come off. Also the magnet is so strong I can see problems trying to disengage it from the mount...

The mount to windscreen I found brilliant and once fitted sits nicely.

In regards to the magnet it is strong however I understand this as otherwise it would drop off. The rear camera also sits nicely. I'm very happy with the fitting. It is hard to adjust I did knock mine the other day however seems to have remained in position. I'd say when you first mount it to try get as accurate as possible.

I don't feel they was designed to take in and out so much. I've not taken mine off its mount at all since having it fitted as I try using the parking mode

The mount to windscreen I found brilliant and once fitted sits nicely.

In regards to the magnet it is strong however I understand this as otherwise it would drop off. The rear camera also sits nicely. I'm very happy with the fitting. It is hard to adjust I did knock mine the other day however seems to have remained in position. I'd say when you first mount it to try get as accurate as possible.

I don't feel they was designed to take in and out so much. I've not taken mine off its mount at all since having it fitted as I try using the parking mode
Ok cool, that's good to hear. I'm gonna go out and play around with mine again. I just have to find the best spot before sticking it on, which is kind of hard to know before it's actually stuck!

Yeah I guess I won't be taking if off too much. But would have to connect it to computer to download files. Could pop out the memory card while it's mounted but that might be difficult.

I pop out the SD card. Well Mrs does as I have no nails but easy enough as it's on opposite side to where cable connects. I have mine just at side of rearview mirror on passenger side.

I pop out the SD card. Well Mrs does as I have no nails but easy enough as it's on opposite side to where cable connects. I have mine just at side of rearview mirror on passenger side.
Ok cool that's what I'll try then. I plan on mounting mine on the passenger side too next to the rearview, although for me it'll be flipped...

Yh I did think about that after I posted
Just make sure to leave enough space on side of SD card to make it easy access

Back