Parking mode and EV

fo0lishkid

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All, my plan is to get Viofo 139 pro with Blackvue B-124x for my Tesla model Y, both wire up using their hardwire kit and BlackVue 3-Wire Output Cable.
Has anyone had any experience or knowledge of whether the parking mode will still engage correctly when you 'park' your EV since there is no ignition or if it would still engage parking mode when there is a drop in voltage?

Much appreciated

I'm not sure how you plan on installing the battery, but on my Model 3, I did not hardwire it - just powering the battery pack via 12v outlet in the armrest. The car will "turn off" aka sleep after about 30 minute, which then will use your dash cam battery to power the dash cam. However, the car will only go to sleep if you're not waking it up via the app (checking your app often) or turning on sentry mode. Sentry mode will prevent the car from sleeping.

If the battery detects the car sleep/not charging the car, the battery pack should go to parking mode and functions like any other vehicles.

My current setup in my Tesla Model 3: Cellink Neo battery pack with Vantrue E3 - dash cam is mounted on the screen.

I'm not sure how you plan on installing the battery, but on my Model 3, I did not hardwire it - just powering the battery pack via 12v outlet in the armrest. The car will "turn off" aka sleep after about 30 minute, which then will use your dash cam battery to power the dash cam. However, the car will only go to sleep if you're not waking it up via the app (checking your app often) or turning on sentry mode. Sentry mode will prevent the car from sleeping.

If the battery detects the car sleep/not charging the car, the battery pack should go to parking mode and functions like any other vehicles.

My current setup in my Tesla Model 3: Cellink Neo battery pack with Vantrue E3 - dash cam is mounted on the screen.
thank you for that @runtohell121.
I was thinking of powering the battery pack via the 12v outlet in the armrest like you too. Good to know how the sleep will use the battery pack and is kept awake if sentry mode is on or accessing the car via the app.

1. Can I please ask if the Vantrue E3 and Cellink Neo are just connected via the 12v adaptor (female) supplied with the Cellink Neo?
2. when the car 'sleep' after 30mins and the dash cam battery starts, does it put the Vantrue E3 into parking mode or just remain recording at the normal resolution?

thank you for that @runtohell121.
I was thinking of powering the battery pack via the 12v outlet in the armrest like you too. Good to know how the sleep will use the battery pack and is kept awake if sentry mode is on or accessing the car via the app.

1. Can I please ask if the Vantrue E3 and Cellink Neo are just connected via the 12v adaptor (female) supplied with the Cellink Neo?
2. when the car 'sleep' after 30mins and the dash cam battery starts, does it put the Vantrue E3 into parking mode or just remain recording at the normal resolution?

Cellink Neo is connected/powered by the 12v cigarette adapter, stored in the armrest.

Vantrue E3 is powered by a Viofo HK3-C kit connected to the Cellink Neo: https://viofo.com/accessories/211-type-c-hk3-c-hardwire-kit-cable-for-a139a139-pro-dash-camera.html

I did not check if it switches to parking mode or not when 30min has passed and the Tesla goes to "sleep". I can confirm the Cellink Neo is discharging (via bluetooth app) when the Tesla goes to sleep, which should switch the dash cam to parking mode if wired appropriately to the battery.

The reason why I can't really check is that Vantrue E3 defaults to going to parking mode after no motion/gps movement detected after about 15 minutes as opposed to switching via hardwire kit, at least that's been my experience.

Cellink Neo is connected/powered by the 12v cigarette adapter, stored in the armrest.

Vantrue E3 is powered by a Viofo HK3-C kit connected to the Cellink Neo: https://viofo.com/accessories/211-type-c-hk3-c-hardwire-kit-cable-for-a139a139-pro-dash-camera.html

I did not check if it switches to parking mode or not when 30min has passed and the Tesla goes to "sleep". I can confirm the Cellink Neo is discharging (via bluetooth app) when the Tesla goes to sleep, which should switch the dash cam to parking mode if wired appropriately to the battery.

The reason why I can't really check is that Vantrue E3 defaults to going to parking mode after no motion/gps movement detected after about 15 minutes as opposed to switching via hardwire kit, at least that's been my experience.
perfect, exactly what I wanted to know. The setup you have is pretty much what I am aiming to do. Thank you

Back