Parking mode "auto event detection" doesn't work as intended

acheng94

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have recently installed my A139 2ch with the hardwire kit, the parking mode works fine however, it continues to record throughout the night even though I had it on "event detection" and I have the sensitivity set to low. I parked underground and there are hardly any movement around where I park, has anyone encounter similar problem?

Welcome to the forum acheng94.

I think there are some issues here, but i can not recall if they have been resolved with a firmware update, are you up to date on firmware ? the latest one are " Version: V1.7_20221215 "

Welcome to the forum acheng94.

I think there are some issues here, but i can not recall if they have been resolved with a firmware update, are you up to date on firmware ? the latest one are " Version: V1.7_20221215 "

I am on the latest firmware, but it doesn't seem to solve the problem.

How about if you turn off everything parking guard related, do the system then turn off when you park the car ?
Me thinking maybe hard wire kit installed wrong. ( maybe defective )
Also you could try and use low bitrate always record as parking guard mode, this will generate much smaller files so those should be easy to spot on the size.
Doing that we will at least be able to see if the camera change to a parking guard mode, or are just recording in regular mode all the time.

I'm pretty sure it is in parking mode, when the ignition is turned off it had the notification sound saying, "Parking mode started", also the parking footages are stored under the "Parking file" in the app.

Maybe you have some LED blinking on your dashboard.

Now i have never tried / used this mode.
But it is my understanding movement will wake up camera, but it should not record before there is a G-sensor event ?
So the camera recording all the time still damn strange to me.

And yeah if you get the announcement, and files are in parking folder, then yeah the system seem to be working the right was as far as that.

What if you just tried G-sensor parking mode ?
Have you tried other G-sensor values ?
And are you sure you are adjusting the G-sensoir value for parking mode, and not the other one for when driving ( which i would always keep off if i can do that )

Maybe you have some LED blinking on your dashboard.
I don't have anything blinking on my dashboard. However, even with low sensitivity it will catches led blinking?

Now i have never tried / used this mode.
But it is my understanding movement will wake up camera, but it should not record before there is a G-sensor event ?
So the camera recording all the time still damn strange to me.

And yeah if you get the announcement, and files are in parking folder, then yeah the system seem to be working the right was as far as that.

What if you just tried G-sensor parking mode ?
Have you tried other G-sensor values ?
And are you sure you are adjusting the G-sensoir value for parking mode, and not the other one for when driving ( which i would always keep off if i can do that )
It is very strange indeed.

I don't think there are a G-sensor ONLY parking mode available?
I have the G-sensor sensitivity set to high for parking mode.
I will play around with the Parking G-sensor to see if that helps.

Please see the attached photos for the settings. The photos were screencap couple days back and I have changed some of the settings, please read the following notes:

Setting 1: The G-Sensor here is for driving. (I had it changed to low, because it has been saving videos after a small bump)
Setting 2: Parking Motion Detection was changed to Low.

Attachments

• Setting 1.jpeg
    Setting 1.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Setting 2.jpeg
    Setting 2.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 4
Back