Parking mode auto event detection

chili

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above. Purchased an A139pro and its hardwired correctly into my car been powered from car and external battery (cellink neo8+)
purchased october 18th supplied with firmware 1.1_0629 latest according to viofo support page.

At the moment its early days and the camera is working as it should should add its 2ch setup front/back, turn car on normal 2ch recording started turn car off entering parking mode announcment
I have 99% of the settings setup as i want however parking mode is causing me a headache.

I have the camera set to auto event detection, but looking at the files next morning its like the camera has recorded all night is this right or wrong? i thought the camera would go into some kind of limbo state and then start to
record when it detects movement or impact, that does not seem to be happening, maybe i have a sensitivity setting wrong thats where you guys come in to play with your superior knowledge on these things :)
Attached piccys of my settings, what if anything do i need to adjust/change?

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1846.PNG
    IMG_1846.PNG
    251.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1845.PNG
    IMG_1845.PNG
    268.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1843.PNG
    IMG_1843.PNG
    285.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1844.PNG
    IMG_1844.PNG
    333.1 KB · Views: 9
As above. Purchased an A139pro and its hardwired correctly into my car been powered from car and external battery (cellink neo8+)
purchased october 18th supplied with firmware 1.1_0629 latest according to viofo support page.

At the moment its early days and the camera is working as it should should add its 2ch setup front/back, turn car on normal 2ch recording started turn car off entering parking mode announcment
I have 99% of the settings setup as i want however parking mode is causing me a headache.

I have the camera set to auto event detection, but looking at the files next morning its like the camera has recorded all night is this right or wrong? i thought the camera would go into some kind of limbo state and then start to
record when it detects movement or impact, that does not seem to be happening, maybe i have a sensitivity setting wrong thats where you guys come in to play with your superior knowledge on these things :)
Attached piccys of my settings, what if anything do i need to adjust/change?

thanks
Please set the parking motion detection to Low to get fewer recording videos. If this still does not help, please update this special firmware(V1.1_0517): https://we.tl/t-7Ifa8hfOhj Where did you park your car? If you park it in a busy area with many moving events or changing lights, it is better not to use Auto Event Detection parking mode.

Attachments

• 1698719344517.png
    1698719344517.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 7
Please set the parking motion detection to Low to get fewer recording videos. If this still does not help, please update this special firmware(V1.1_0517): https://we.tl/t-7Ifa8hfOhj Where did you park your car? If you park it in a busy area with many moving events or changing lights, it is better not to use Auto Event Detection parking mode.

Hi and thanks for the reply, i will make the adjustment today when i go to the car and see how it behaves while at work. The car was parked overnight in 2 places at work in the car park its currently wet and windy and we have medium size flood lights, there is some movement of vehicles and drivers through the night but nothing in direct full frontal view of my car, and the 2nd spot was at home in a communal car park again wet n windy maybe some movement but nothing in direct view of the camera/car.

So if i do end up using this "special "firmware
a. what is it going to do
b. does that mean i ignore any future firmware updates if any come along

Lastly for now :) if it is better not to use auto event detection what setting do you suggest i use?

thanks

reduce sensitivity to movement in the surroundings - leave the shocks at max and possibly correct the settings later.

You need to get "friendly" with the camera and its settings and get to know how it reacts to changes in settings to suit your conditions, It takes time ...

Time-lapse of 3-5 frames per second is a certainty

Hi and thanks for the reply, i will make the adjustment today when i go to the car and see how it behaves while at work. The car was parked overnight in 2 places at work in the car park its currently wet and windy and we have medium size flood lights, there is some movement of vehicles and drivers through the night but nothing in direct full frontal view of my car, and the 2nd spot was at home in a communal car park again wet n windy maybe some movement but nothing in direct view of the camera/car.

So if i do end up using this "special "firmware
a. what is it going to do
b. does that mean i ignore any future firmware updates if any come along

Lastly for now :) if it is better not to use auto event detection what setting do you suggest i use?

thanks
If your car is parked in a busy area, you can use time-lapse recording.

Back