Parking mode behavior question

razor7

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo a119 v3
I recently hardwired the A119 V3 using the Viofo 3 wire kit. I believe everything is working correctly except one thing I'm not sure of. After parking mode is engaged is it normal for the recording button to continuously flash red? I've sat in the car for a few minutes and it doesn't stop. I'm confident I wired everything correctly so I assume this is normal?

I've left it overnight and once during the day at work and things seem to be ok but it makes me nervous that I'm taxing my battery. On checking recordings I see the parking mode ones which is good.

Thanks

If you have parking mode set to Auto Event Detection Mode, then the REC button flashing in parking mode is normal when no motion is detected and the camera is not recording.

Appreciate the response, no longer any need to worry. It really is a great camera!

I am thinking to do the same thing. Which fuses did you tap into for the yellow and red cables? Thanks.

Yellow has to be connected to a fuse that turns on and off with the car. Red is connected to a fuse that provides power even when you turn off the car.

From what I read when researching the install, it's best to go with fuses that aren't critical functions and seemed best to go with fuses that are 15 Amps or less. I ended up tapping into fuses for the radio and Accessory socket. I used a multi-meter to make sure they were constant power or not.

Thanks. I had read the same thing and wondered which specific circuits you used.I had thought to use circuits such as sunroof or heated seats, which I do not have, or empty circuits as long as I can find one with constant power and one that was ACC.

I was going to use the sunroof until I saw that it was a 20 amp fuse. The add a fuse I purchased mentions it's rated to 15 amps so played it safe and used another non critical fuse instead.

On a side note, one thing I didn't think was very clear was what amp fuse to use for the dashcam in the add a fuse. 5 amp is what I went with which seems to be the preferred one to use.

Back