Parking mode doesn't work & shut off for no reason

piccolo88

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi everyone,
I parked my vehicle yesterday evening and started it today at around 7.00am. A Neo 8+ is installed in my vehicle for parking mode.
As I realized on the video footage, the camera did not go in parking mode but kept recording with full 4k/30fps instead of the 10fps parking mode I configured in the viofo.

What is also strange is, that it stopped recording around midnight for 7minutes, then it recorded one more video and then shut off.

My neo 8+ battery was still charged with 39% so there would have been plenty of energy left to keep recording.

Any of you familiar with this strange behaviour?

Please find a Screenshot attached

Attachments

• 2023-02-17 07.06.58.jpg
    2023-02-17 07.06.58.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 14
How is the NEO8+ connected to the A139 Pro? Assuming you are using the Viofo hardwire kit, you may need to adjust the low voltage cutoff to a lower setting, to get the most run time out of the battery.

Reactions: Mtz
Did you test parking mode with this setup after installation? Was it generally working apart from this occasion?

If your dashcam is not entering in Parking Mode then you didn't correctly connected the ACC and BAT from the HK4.

I have no clue what or how you can wrongly connect anything.

I plugged the Neo 8 in the 12V power plug of my car, set it to low.
Plugged the dashcam to the Neo and that's it.

I am lacking fantasy in how you can wrongly connect the dashcam?!
There is no problem with connecting the Neo 8 to the 12v socket in your car.

The Neo has two types of output. 'Plug&Play' 12v vehicle socket, or 12v 3-wire.

For parking mode to work properly, you need to use the 12v 3-wire output and install a Viofo hardwire kit between the battery and the camera.

Text below copied from https://www.dashcamdeal.com/cellink-neo-8-7500mah-dashcam-battery-pack.html

A special 3-wire output cable is supplied with the Cellink Neo8+ for passing on the signal to the dashcam. To this cable you connect the 3-wire continuous power supply of your dashcam (which you would normally connect to the fuse box of the car).

Note: To use the parking position with a dashcam, the continuous power supply of the dashcam must be connected to the 3-wire output of the Cellink. When using the Plug&Play
cigarette output, the parking position will not work with most dashcams and the dashcam will continue to film until the Cellink is empty.

Plug&Play connection
Exclusively at Dashcamdeal, the Cellink Neo 8+ also comes standard with a cigarette charger and female cigarette plug so that the power bank can be connected and used very easily. Simply plug the supplied cigarette power input into the car and the cigarette power supply from the dashcam into the female output of the Cellink Neo 8+. Please note that with this connection the automatic parking position via the 3-wire connection (parking position on the ignition) does not work. Only dashcams with visual automatic parking mode can therefore be used in park mode with the Cellink Neo 6 Plug&Play method.

Ahhhh OK thank you. But how do I hard wire the viofo with the Neo???

Do I need to additional buy the viofo hardwiring kit?!

How/where to plug in the "special 3-wire output cable" ?

Last edited:
I have Neo 8+S which is a slimmer version of Neo 8+. I managed to get A139Pro to go into parking mode by using the supplied usb cable.

I have Neo 8+S which is a slimmer version of Neo 8+. I managed to get A139Pro to go into parking mode by using the supplied usb cable.
Currently I have the viofo USB cable going into the viofo 12v adapter going into the Neo 12v socket.

Apparently that's the issue of not properly working parking mode.

How did you plug it if it works stable with parking mode?

And again:
What different possibility do I even have to connect the viofo with the Neo?
How the heck do I connect the "special 3 wired cable" with the viofo?

Currently I have the viofo USB cable going into the viofo 12v adapter going into the Neo 12v socket.

Apparently that's the issue of not properly working parking mode.

How did you plug it if it works stable with parking mode?
Plug the usb cable to the usb port in Neo8+ and the other end to A139Pro. It will go into parking mode after a few minutes when there is no movement..

Plug the usb cable to the usb port in Neo8+ and the other end to A139Pro. It will go into parking mode after a few minutes when there is no movement..
Regarding my research the 8+ and 8+S are different regarding that topic.

I just wonder if I could get the same 3wired Jack cable from the slim version and make it work with the regular 8+

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-19-11-10-16-402_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-19-11-10-16-402_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 3
Viofo is not recommending this Parking Mode and we just saw why.
The movement is based on GPS speed and not on motion detect in the front of the camera. This "no movement"
is needed by the camera to enter in Parking Mode.

As we can see in the video, the tested camera was A129 Pro. When A139 (not Pro) was launched, it was not entering into the parking mode like in the above Viofo video when using an USB power source, just because the USB-C cable was not designed to support Parking Mode.
I don't know if in meantime @viofo allowed the A139 or A139 Pro to use any USB-C cable and any USB power output to enter in Parking Mode.
So the best advice is to use the HK4.

Another off topic question is what will do a A119 Mini which have the option named "Disable GPS in Parking Mode".? What will do A139 Pro if it will receive the same option and people wants to use the USB output of a power bank for Parking Mode? If using a HK4 for sure will be no problem.

And again:
What different possibility do I even have to connect the viofo with the Neo?
How the heck do I connect the "special 3 wired cable" with the viofo?
Similar to many other dashcam batteries, the Neo 8 can provide a 12v power output on the 3-wire cable. You then connect a 3-wire hardwire kit (eg. Viofo HK3-C or HK4) to those three cables, similar to how you would connect the hardwire kit directly to your car fuse box (constant 12v power, switched 12 power, and ground).

Reactions: Mtz
Viofo is not recommending this Parking Mode and we just saw why.
The movement is based on GPS speed and not on motion detect in the front of the camera. This "no movement"
is needed by the camera to enter in Parking Mode.

I don't get it.
The video in the link demonstrates that the dashcam will jump into parking mode if the GPS realizes, that there is no movement after 5min

So why do I need the hardwire kit then?
Yes I get the point that with hard wiring a cable indicates (additionally) that the engine was switched off and parking mode is supposed to start.

But the viofo should be able to do it by itself due to GPS tracking and it doesn't work.

So the viofo simply doesn't work properly!!!

I understand that the viofo hardwire kit is a workaround then. That's a bummer though because that's means a lot of unnecessary cable management then...

I actually just want my viofo to work properly...

For simplicity reasons and no understanding for additional costs (buying if hardwire kit) that's not my preferred solution at all.

I try to find out if you can buy the 3 wired Jack port from the cellink Neo 8+ slim separately and make it work with the Neo 8+ (non slim)

Viofo Parking Mode was designed to work with hardwire kit.
Then people insisted to Viofo to create a Parking Mode to work without the hardwire kit. So they did the best they could.
The workaround was the Parking Mode without hardwire kit. So you are wrong. The parking mode without hardwire kit is a gift, not a feature.

Now I see that Viofo was wrong, they should not implement this parking mode without the hardwire kit.

I’ve got an A139 Pro on the bench right now connected to a Powercell 8 with the 3-wire Viofo hardwire cable.

When I switch the battery to parking mode by cutting its power supply, the dashcam switches to parking mode as expected. It has no issues switching between driving and parking mode when using the proper cabling.

That said, I have noticed sometimes where it switches to parking mode while being stationary in driving mode for some reason, but generally it stays in driving mode regardless.

Either way, you will want to use the Viofo hardwire cable for parking recording, even if using a dedicated battery for power.

Last edited:
Viofo Parking Mode was designed to work with hardwire kit.
Then people insisted to Viofo to create a Parking Mode to work without the hardwire kit. So they did the best they could.
The workaround was the Parking Mode without hardwire kit. So you are wrong. The parking mode without hardwire kit is a gift, not a feature.

Now I see that Viofo was wrong, they should not implement this parking mode without the hardwire kit.
I am not wrong. How can you think that.
Viofo advertises the function and only bc they are not able to implement it is obviously not my fault.

If they advertise they have to deliver. What the heck to I care about how viofo came to the conclusion to offer it in the first place...

Either way, you will want to use the Viofo hardwire cable for parking recording, even if using a dedicated battery for power.tam
Thank you for clarification.

I still hope that the new Jackbox plug from the 8+ slim works (and I am able to purchase it separately).

Nevertheless I contact the dealer where I bought it and viofo.

Fact is that their production doesn't function as it should . If the only workaround is hardwiring then I expect them to provide the necessary tools.

I'm glad that in Germany the law required them to take action or the product back if it doesn't function as advertised

I’ve got an A139 Pro on the bench right now connected to a Powercell 8 with the 3-wire Viofo hardwire cable..
Do you maybe have a picture or is there any instruction online in how to connect the hardwire cable from viofo with the Neo? What kind of tools do I need to crimp the cables?

Back