parking mode help

busboy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could some kind person help me with the parking mode I cannot understand when it goes into parking mode in the car it is only on for about 15 min then shuts down I have tried another viofo hard wire kit still the same but if i bring it into the house and connect it to a cheap powerbank it will stay in parking mode for hours iam sure it can not draw that much power from i new fully charged car battery

@busboy Are you sure you are in parking when on the powerbank?
If yes then:
First thought is your Red wire is not connected to permanent power. (Battery) In my car after I have switched it off I can hear a motor do something and then shut off. Perhaps you have the power wire connected to something like that?

with the powerbank getting the walking man on the screen and the red wire is powered

with the powerbank getting the walking man on the screen and the red wire is powered

In earlier models of the HK3 kit it was fussy how the power and Aux where connected. It seemed that they needed to be connected exactly at the same time stop the problem. I did a lot of bench testing with this kit and I say I found it to be fussy.
If that doesn't work for you then I'm sure others on the forum can chip in and help you.
Cheers.

How did you get on? Did you find a resolution?

Back