parking mode maximum recording time

Bobcat101

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my understanding that the maximum recording time is 12 hours. is there a way to keep recording and letting the hardwire kit cut off stop the recording?.

e.g. a full weekends recording

Last edited:
I park the car on Friday and then drive again after the weekend. :confused:

is there a reason there is no unlimited mode?

We may extend that further later on, we're still fine tuning the parking mode at this stage, keep in mind most users wouldn't have enough battery power to run that long

Good to know, I also though there was an unlimited mode.

I also park the car on friday and only use it back on monday most of the time.

If such a mode would be offered, it would make sense to simply show a pop-up on screen letting the user know that this will require an external battery pack since their car battery will be drained otherwise for long period of parking mode.

I myself am considering the purchase of a Cellink NEO Battery in order to achieve this. But first I want to test it out and see how it goes with just the car's battery. Also I only have the OEM battery which is now 8 years old and which is not an AGM battery, so I'll propably end up having to replace it soon for an AGM one.

I agree, I just want to see how much parking mode recording time I can get with this old battery. Just for "fun".

I already know that a regular lead acid battery is not optimal for anything running while the car is off. Since it's longer to recharge and drains faster. AGM battery are made for this, but the trade off is that the CCA is lower on those battery and since I live in Canada, the higher the CCA, the better.

AGM battery + Cellink NEO battery + Cellink NEO extended batteries is the ultimate setup for longer parking mode recording.

Your existing battery is unlikely to support extended periods of parking mode

Well I just replaced my 44ah (varta) battery with a 77ah Bosch brand battery, its much bigger in both Cca and rating than the original, and brand new (so should perform better anyways). Should provide some power for quite some time. also, the hardware kit had voltage has offs so I'm fine for it to record until the cut off is reached, with the cut offs avoiding me getting stranded.

I only replaced the original battery as I expected to use the camera for prolonged recording, it wasn't misbehaving but I wanted a higher power battery so I could record for lo get before the cut off kicked in.

I hope to be able to put a larger battery in my car when i get to try parking guard too, not really as i will be needing it as i will only do parking guard for 30 minutes normally and maybe a couple of hours now and then.
But my little Suzuki are from 2012 so a now battery will not harm i am sure, must also be cheap batteries in cheap cars to make ends meet for the maker.

Still recording for that long and often, that will put a strain on any car battery, they are after all not really meant to be discharged deep like that, for that you will need deep cycle batteries which i think are a whole other price bracket.

I hope to be able to put a larger battery in my car when i get to try parking guard too, not really as i will be needing it as i will only do parking guard for 30 minutes normally and maybe a couple of hours now and then.
But my little Suzuki are from 2012 so a now battery will not harm i am sure, must also be cheap batteries in cheap cars to make ends meet for the maker.

Still recording for that long and often, that will put a strain on any car battery, they are after all not really meant to be discharged deep like that, for that you will need deep cycle batteries which i think are a whole other price bracket.

The AGM batteries are the best for that. this new battery has a 5 year warranty so if it's dies I'm covered. I'll replace it after 5 years anyway so should be good

sorry on phone for any typos

Back