Parking mode rarely activated (see event log)

mkoo

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I am new to the U3000 and that is my first dash cam with a parking mode. Yesterday (March 29) my car was parked for the whole day, until late in the evening when I went for a drive, but according to camera's event log, the parking mode was not activated during the day but only at 10:30pm.

Do I read this log correctly, and should I be worried about the fact that the camera didn't seem to go into parking mode earlier in the day?

I have attached the screenshot from the app here.

Attachments

• IMG_0790.jpg
    IMG_0790.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 14
I have installed my U3000 using the OBD-II Cable in a 2024 Acura and two things are randomly happening:

1. While parked the cam switches back and forth between Continuous and Parking Mode. It stays in Continuous mode for several hours while parked in a garage the camera setting is set to Radar

2. I get diagnostic errors such as, Brake System problem, Low speed braking control problem, Parking sensor system problem. It usually goes away by unplugging the unit for a few minutes, I've had it for about a week and its happend 2-3 times.

I am seriously considering taking the hit for Installations and sending this back. Wanted to see what my options were before I ripped it out.

Hello, we're very sorry for your experience. Please reach out to us via email or phone call at support@thinkware.com or 1 (844) 865-9273 so we can assist you further. Thank you!
I have installed my U3000 using the OBD-II Cable in a 2024 Acura and two things are randomly happening:

1. While parked the cam switches back and forth between Continuous and Parking Mode. It stays in Continuous mode for several hours while parked in a garage the camera setting is set to Radar

2. I get diagnostic errors such as, Brake System problem, Low speed braking control problem, Parking sensor system problem. It usually goes away by unplugging the unit for a few minutes, I've had it for about a week and its happend 2-3 times.

I am seriously considering taking the hit for Installations and sending this back. Wanted to see what my options were before I ripped it out.

I wouldnt use an OBD2 cable to power a dashcam esp with a luxury branded car such as Acura. It can cause too many issues. I know with BMW the alarm will go off if something is attached to the OBD2 port when locking. I recommend using a dashcam battery pack.

Back