Parking Mode

Andante

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Nextbase 312GW dashcam manual says don’t leave it in Parking Mode when driving. But turning Parking Mode on/off every time I park/start is fiddly, going through the menus, and manuals can be wrong (I know - I used to write them for a living). So I’ve been driving with Parking Mode on, and everything seems to work. Has anyone had any problems doing this?

Welcome @Andante

Yes we agree, we’ve updated this in later models.

The only thing you may encounter is excessive files in the protected (RO) folder. The G-Sensor values for parking mode are more sensitive than the “normal driving” G-Sensor values to ensure bumps are protected.

If you have one of the larger cards (latest firmware you can have up to 128GB) this is unlikely to be affecting you.

If you ensure you format the card frequently you shouldn’t notice too much of a difference.

Thanks very much for your reply. That's very useful to know, thanks. At present I've got a 32Gb card and it hasn't filled up too quickly, so far.

I bought my 312GW on 4th April this year. Would you know if it's likely to have the latest firmware?

You’re welcome, I can help you check.

Turn the camera on, (if it’s recording press ok to stop it recording), then press menu twice and scroll down to ‘system info’, press ok, then press ok on version.

It’s the two numbers after the R on the right hand side of the first line of text.

E.g. “NBDVR312GW R3.0” the two numbers are 3.0.

Thanks again. I've just checked, it's R5.4

That is all up to date, you can use 8Gb - 128Gb (48Mb/s or more).

If you’re not noticing an issue with the 32Gb you can just stick with that.

Let us know if you’ve got anymore questions.

412GW and above has intelligent parking mode, its not a fix just an improved feature.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J 312GW 2
B 312GW 13
Back