Parking mode?

Skylar132

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 PRO 2CH
I have a viofo a119 v2 and with the modded firmware I noticed an option for parking mode and I have a few questions.
Will the parking mode affect reliability?
Can I use the 3 wire hardwire kit if I wire both wires to constant 12V?
How long after no motion does parking mode kick in?

Thanks in advance

If you use the viofo hard wire kit,,,,, wires as it should be, then parking guard kick in immediately or o think with a delay of 90 seconds max.

I think if you wire both + wires to the same always on fuse that will more or less render the wire triggered parking guard / low voltage cut off mute ????
You could also wire the regular PSU into a female 12V socket you get which you then wire to a fuse that is always on,,,, BUT !!!! only if you could use the timer in the camera as a cut off, so you dont risk the camera draining your car battery
But i am not sure if the timer exist in the A119V2 or if it apply to all parking guard modes, i only use low bitrate as parking guard mode and here in SG and viofo cameras i have always had the option to set a timer cut off ( now using 3 hours tou can set up to 48 hours in viofo cameras as i recall, though with no low voltage cut off that might be risky )
Also If you do not have a low voltage cut off, it might be a gamble if you drive irregular or like me mostly only very short drives with only 2 weekly longer drives.

Not aware how long it take for the parking guard to kick in the old fashioned 2 wire way, it is probably a few minutes or 3

If both red and yellow wires are tapped into a constant 12V fuse, then you bypass the low voltage cutoff feature.

Used this way, the V2 "should" enter parking mode after 5 minutes of no detected motion or g-sensor activity. However, some have found this to not always be reliable.

Using modified firmware may also affect parking mode reliability.

Parking mode should not affect regular driving, but of course as your camera are on more it will go thru its total expected number of lifetime months faster.
Parking mode are only really a issue to it self, as in when / if it get too hot the camera will do a thermal shut down to protect itself

Using modified firmware may also affect parking mode reliability.

YES ! any kind of modification carry its own risks, so using a modified firmware i would for sure keep a extra close eye on things, at least for a while until i know things work as expected.
It have been seen many times, that brands wanting to fix 1 problem in a firmware just make another one pop up, i assume the same could be the case for happy go lucky / or maybe somewhat skilled modders working.

I would assume a modded firmware, that make the camera work harder,,,,, even if it is within the specs of the hardware, that too would cut into the lifetime of the product, but probably not drastically.

Judging by the replies I don't think I'll enable parking mode

I do use parking guard even if i generally do not feel a need for it, and i still say so even if my parked car was dented a few weeks ago and after my parking guard timed out, hence why i use 3 hours now and not 1 hour as i did before.
I use the timer as at home i have CCTV, and when i park out on the town it is mostly just for shopping which i get done with fast.
The fact someone would drive against 1 way traffic, encounter a on coming car and then reverse into my car, and then leave a note only to retrieve it 5 minutes later,,,,,, well i cant account for things like that as that would send me into a tailspin off madness and violence.
Even if i in general safeguard my sanity by think every single person in the world are a raving idiot,,,,, then i do prefer to not get that assumption of mine confirmed, i much rather hope i am wrong with the people i meet in life.

I am very glad that little old lady saw my car getting rammed and took the plate,,,,,, even if she is old guard ( close to 100 YO ) then i still dropped off a fistful of flowers to her. CUZ otherwise i would have been SOL as my dashcam was off.

I must also say it is the first time my car have been damaged when parked,,,, aside for parking lot door dings,,,, which are also bad in its own, but i can handle those as i do not in any way identify with my car.

Actually i just noticed yesterday getting home that my car that had been parked in the field at my friends place, well it seem like again a deer have been headbutting it during the night, and more scratches in the paint have popped up on the driver side of the car.

I'd rather my dash cam works properly when driving than having parking mode tbh, more likely to have an accident when driving

Indeed.

I cant even recall any relative or friend that had their car rammed while parked, the parking lot door dings while infuriating, i think we all experience get.

I would never use parking guard like all the time where only the low voltage was there to stop things, but i more see it as a waste of memory card life time than dashcam lifetime.

Judging by the replies I don't think I'll enable parking mode
If someone does not want to use the parking mode and does not see the benefit of it, then this is his own business.
A lot of people use the parking mode and are satisfied with its work.
I have not come across the Viofo A119 v2 DVR and I don’t know how the parking mode is implemented in it,
but the parking mode works very well for other Viofo models. Anyway record with a low bitrate.
Personally, I have the parking mode turned off only if the car is near the house.
The rest of the time it is on. I'm using a low bitrate recording.
Here are the parking modes for Viofo models:

Back