Parking modes

wibbly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently using a Vantrue N4 Pro, and looing at some of the differences between that and the A229 Pro... The A229 Pro seems to have some nice software features, a higher resolution rear camera and it seems slightly better (?) 4K quality at the front.

But does the A229 Pro have the equivalent of the N4 Pro's 'Collision detection mode'? On the N4 Pro this is very low power, at the cost of it taking time (up to 12s in its lowest power mode) for the camera to wake up and start recording once a collision has been detected. Not ideal, but still better than a camera that doesn't record at all because the car battery has been discharged below the hardwire kit's cut off point. This is a potential deal-breaker for me as my car may spend days between uses.

No it doesn't, but 12 seconds is pointless imo, by then the perp is long gone.
Thinkware u3000 has a 1 second delay and the 70mai a810s has a 2 second delay.
I decided to get an ecoflow River 2 power station in my trunk to keep my A229 Pro alive for parking mode.

It's certainly a trade off (and there is a mode that takes less time to start up at the cost of higher power consumption).

And an idiot who bumps your car (perhaps several times) because they can't park, or someone who bumps it and then gets out to see what damage they may have done, should be caught. But I agree and kind of 'hit and run' will most likely be missed. And as I said, still better than a camera that doesn't record at all because the car battery has been discharged below the hardwire kit's cut off point.

Appreciate the quick reply above anyway.

Look into a power station for the trunk, they're much cheaper than the dedicated batteries and a fraction of the price.

The ones for phones that have LiPo batteries that don't do well at all in high temperatures you can get in cars? Or did you mean something else?

The ones for phones that have LiPo batteries that don't do well at all in high temperatures you can get in cars? Or did you mean something else?
No, the ecoflow has lifepo4 batteries. The lipo ones you're talking about are pretty bad for this use case.
Most power stations have either lithium ion or lifepo4, always go with lifepo4.

Currently using a Vantrue N4 Pro, and looing at some of the differences between that and the A229 Pro... The A229 Pro seems to have some nice software features, a higher resolution rear camera and it seems slightly better (?) 4K quality at the front.

But does the A229 Pro have the equivalent of the N4 Pro's 'Collision detection mode'? On the N4 Pro this is very low power, at the cost of it taking time (up to 12s in its lowest power mode) for the camera to wake up and start recording once a collision has been detected. Not ideal, but still better than a camera that doesn't record at all because the car battery has been discharged below the hardwire kit's cut off point. This is a potential deal-breaker for me as my car may spend days between uses.
No it does not. The Vantrue N4 Pro even on quick startup is 6 seconds. This is where Thinkware response times kick in F790 (1080p) 3 seconds, Q1000 (2K) have not tested, U1000 (4K) 1 second, and U3000 (4K) 1 second. Fine Vu tested in at 4 seconds on there GX33 as well. I got a new product I am testing that I think is 1 to 2 seconds on impact detection.

@Panzer Platform thanks for the tag

We can also add such a feature, but I am worried about the long start-up time and the important events. Some important events don't cause a G-sensor trigger, people will complain no video is recorded.
We also reserved this feature on the A139 series.

Back