Phone problem, need help.

Lola

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius, A119
Firs off my phone company is Verizon!

My land line wireless phone quit working so I figured the battery was dead so I put in a new battery, didn't work, so then I thought the phone might be bad so I bought a new one, didn't work!
My phone line is also my DSL line( line splitter installed on DSL side) with a filter, on the new phone there is a message on the LCD screen that says "No Line". When I try to make a call there is NO signal like the line is dead but the computer works fine.
To me this doesn't make sense that the DSL works fine but the phone doesn't. Anyone ever experience this sort of happening? I think they have a problem on their equipment or they are trying to eliminate land lines!

Verizon: There is NO way to contact them, they no longer have a email service or a telephone number to reach them. The account I have with them is dead, when I try to connect to it they say the information (pass word and user name) I gave is not what they have on record.
I searched about them on line and everyone is screaming about no service in one way or another. There is some kind of help group on line that I contacted and they are trying to get hold of them for me but I can't count on this happening.

If you have any help ideas I would really like to hear them?

Have you tried to move the phone to another plug, assuming you have one, here its normal to have several phone plugs even in my little 2 room apartment.

I wonder what happen if you stop paying then ?

My friend had one of those stupid and expensive quick loans, but suddenly they stopped registering his payments, so he called them and did not get a RPLY he liked so he stopped paying but instead put the money into a separate account in the bank.
In the end he went to court where it was also ruled the loan company was dumb-asses, and still nothing happened.
But then many years later after having accumulated HUGE interests / fines and so on a new guy called him to get money, so my friend told him the low down, and the guy left but called back a few days later after he recived copies of what not from my friend.
And in the end my friend got off just paying the actual amount of money owed, which he of course did, cuz though he too are a "funny" guy then what is owed are a matter of honor with him too.
But it was like several 100.000 DKkr in interests and fines he got off paying.

Last edited:
@Lola, the best thing to do in a situation like you are experiencing is to test to see if the problem is in the wiring inside your house or whether the problem is in Verizon's network outside your house. If it is in the network outside your house, Verizon is responsible for fixing the issue and if it is in your home, then you may be responsible unless you pay a fee for a "wire maintenance plan" with your phone bill which will include repairs inside your home.

Look for a box on a wall outside your house called a Network Interface Device. It will look like the photo below or very similar.

verizonnetworkbox.jpg

Open the Customer Access section of the box with a screwdriver.

Inside you will see a series of modular RJ-11 plug receptacles that looks something like this.

Plug a working phone into the appropriate modular receptacle and see if you get a dial tone. If you do and the same phone will not give you a dial tone inside your home then you'll know the problem is with the wiring inside your house. If you don't get a dial tone from the Network Interface Device or there is static and noise on the line, then the problem is on Verizon's end in their network.

http://www.tech-faq.com/telephone-network-interface-device.html

networkbox.jpg

modular.jpg

Last edited:
@Lola, the best thing to do in a situation like you are experiencing is to test to see if the problem is in the wiring inside your house or whether the problem is in Verizon's network outside your house. If it is in the network outside your house, Verizon is responsible for fixing the issue and if it is in your home, then you may be responsible unless you pay a fee for a "wire maintenance plan" with your phone bill which will include repairs inside your home.

Look for a box on a wall outside your house called a Network Interface Device. It will look like the photo below or very similar.

View attachment 45705

Open the Customer Access section of the box with a screwdriver.

Inside you will see a series of modular RJ-11 plug receptacles that looks something like this.

Plug a working phone into the appropriate modular receptacle and see if you get a dial tone. If you do and the same phone will not give you a dial tone inside your home then you'll know the problem is with the wiring inside your house. If you don't get a dial tone from the Network Interface Device or there is static and noise on the line, then the problem is on Verizon's end in their network.

http://www.tech-faq.com/telephone-network-interface-device.html

View attachment 45706

View attachment 45707

Thanks @Dashmellow I'll check this out, I've never noticed that box but I may have missed seeing it. I'm familiar with the hookup and how to test it. I'll let you know. What erks the Hell out of me is no way to contact the company (Verizon). I didn't even know they were like this, until this problem popped up.
I'm also going to contact the FCC and file a grievance against them for not notifying me of their no contact condition and a few other things like law says they are required to have a phone enabled for emergency conditions and any thing else I can think of.

As long as companies get your money you pretty much never hear from them, but be 2 days late with a payment and there is a letter in your mailbox.

In the old days i use to get a yearly letter from my ISP saying they upgraded mu connection for free again, never realizing that i had been at the max of what that old phone copper could carry since first time they upgraded me from a 512/512 kbit connection to 4 / 0.5 mbit, and then the old phone wire could do no more.

Go get 'em Lola, they deserve it.

Phil

Dont know how it is over there, but i could change to DSL on the phone plug and have like 10 companies to choose from, and even the cable i am on now also seem to support several companies.
And trust me, you don't own any of them loyalties.

Back