Plastic and metal holder for Viofo 119S !

gse

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
Viofo 119V3
Question the representative of the Viofo !!!
The distinguished representative of the Viofo, from post to post asks the same question , what happens defocusing the lens during prolonged shooting. At first the parties Viofo119S mounted metal holder(lens holder), and had no problems why we switched to plastic ??? got a problem here.
All has been tested many times including on my DVR.
The problem is solved by installing the metal holder !
IMX 291 "hot" and a large matrix, therefore there is the heating of the laminate and its extension, enough micron below the lens is moved away from the matrix and turned defocusing. If the representative to resolve this issue, it is possible to solve most experienced user, this should put to sale on Aliexpress original metal holder on sale, as was done with EVA padding or to give the opportunity to order it from Viofo. Holder of the matrix IMX 291, has a 19mm mount, which makes it impossible to buy it in stores Aliexpress.
Thank you for understanding!

One of the reasons I switched from A119 to A119S was for higher quality all metal lens base with brass locking screw. Its great for hobbyists and hackers especially if you swap lenses often and don't want to risk stripping plastic threaded base. Metal base isn't affected by extreme temperatures and won't distort the delicate sensor board. The new F1.8 coated lens is much better than the non-coated F1.6 lens, so I won't go back to v1 F1.6 lens and doubt we'll ever see metal F1.8 base. (plastic is cheaper)

Focus issues are tricky when changing lens. The new F1.8 lens is glued to plastic base and focused to surface of sensor, if you remove the lens base from sensor board #1 and attach to sensor board #2 without refocusing the lens the image will be distorted/blurry.

(plastic is cheaper)
Complete nonsense.
One metal Holder on Aliexpress costs $ 0.64, on the scale of Viofo, a batch of 5000pcs. will cost $ 0.20 per 1 piece.
How much will it cost you more than Viofo 119 / 119S ???

Focus issues are tricky when changing lens. The new F1.8 lens is glued to plastic base and focused to surface of sensor, if you remove the lens base from sensor board #1 and attach to sensor board #2 without refocusing the lens the image will be distorted/blurry.
Focusing at home with certain skills takes 30 minutes. with disassembly and assembly.
I would also like to try the original F1.8 lens for the 119S, I want to buy from Viofo, but it does not respond.
I have a lens F1.6 / f 2.9, and a holder is replaced, a horizontal angle of 120 °, so changing the lens is not a problem for many, including fine-tuning the focus.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxWfLd3-z9OXOHpNVldwc3pGU28

To do this, it would be nice to see in the retail sale of the original metal holder Aliexpress or the opportunity to buy from Viofo, otherwise the problems will continue.

At me this problem is solved, it would be desirable, that other users too would not have this problem.

P.S. Viofo is silent
P.S.S
The experiment with another lens, holder is metal. + - 130°
e40601152d1fb877593e33e8fcbd6a16.gif

TDR-700  и Крис П , мост через Волгу.MP4_snapshot_00.07_[2017.09.13_19.02.37].jpg

Last edited:
The lens holder needs to be !
It was established in the first issue 119S !

1.jpg

0.jpg 01.jpg

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BCHobbyist A119S 4
Back