Please Check SD Card

oo7ml

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi, I've just installed my dashcam. I bought a 128gb sd card and I formatted it using the software on the Blackvue website, however I still hear "please check your SD card".

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong. Does the 650GW-2CH support 128gb ad cards?

Thank you in advance for your help.

If.. this is a brand that your research show works with the 650GW-2CH then you may have a defective card.. it happens. On the other hand.. evidently lots of brands do not work with the 650GW-2CH so you may have wasted your money.

Usually really large capacity cards need to be formatted using the Blackview itself. With the card installed and powered on hold down the wi-fi on/off button for 10 seconds or until you hear beeps (can't remember exactly how many but you'll know it when you hear it). It will format the card and then reboot the unit. I use a Transcend 128gb card and this is the way I have to do it.

If you used the SD card formatter from Blackvue's website: https://www.blackvue.com/sd-card-formatter/
I don't believe it gives you the option to format to FAT32 for 128GB.
You would need to use the Blackvue viewer app to format with or format directly on the device which may resolve the issue.

Great, I'll try format it from the actual device tomorrow. I'm curious as to why someone would choose any other way than the device to format too?

For Mac users, the 64GB+ formatting is a little different and requires some special instructions to format on the desktop.
When formatted on the camera, they won't be readable on OS X (32GB and lower work fine though)

Back