Polarising filter for DOD 430/Nextbase 402

Yeah I noticed the Nextbase is losing the GPS lock the same as yours did now!

This is very strange but the filter doesn't appear to do anything on the 460W.

I've just done 100 miles and rotated it around and it didn't seem to change the reflection shown in the LCD at all.

I'll check it out on the laptop on the hotel tonight and then see if it's just the screen not showing the difference :)

Don't have the 402 with me but will try that over the next few days too - maybe I got a dud filter?

Yeah I noticed the Nextbase is losing the GPS lock the same as yours did now!

If I was confident it was the battery that was the problem, and not the charger, I would have been happy replace it with this one - which apparently will fit (physically) and extends the battery life from 5-6 min to about 30 mins.

Have to say though, they are very good at replacing items reported as faulty - and the replacements do seem like new products - not used as sold on Ebay.

What I did notice when given the return address is that although they do not use the company name on Ebay or the messages from the store, the return address is actually Nextbase in Cardiff!!

Strange about your filter :eek: - these types of filter are generally not prone to being faulty.

Here was the video of me adjusting it on the LS460W - maybe I need to not be in a rush and try it slower - went through the full 360 degrees and more though and no signs of it fading.

Could be a situation that you put the filter backwards?

I didn't realise they only worked one way so that could be it :)

I'll try tomorrow!

That's embarrassing but yes it was on backwards!

I'll leave it on and see how it fares but reflections do appear and disappear like I expected now on the screen!

Right then Saar let me see how the 460 is now as this should help!

Last edited:
I'm happy to hear that everything is working.
I hope that now you can check the camera properly and tell me which camera is better.

And i wanted to ask you why the image cropped so much on the sides?

It was
And i wanted to ask you why the image cropped so much on the sides?
It was on backwards so the angle was greater - it's more like Pewe's now, but think I'm going to try the bigger CPL and see how that fares too :)

Right then after that massive beginner's error it does work on the 460W - here's test footage :)

I'm glad you made this post as it has really transformed the LS460W for me - they need to think about offering these as an option!

Back