Pope Francis in NY

GJHS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius A & C, SJ4000, M10, Mini 0806, Innovv C3,4, Xiaomi Yi
Pope Francis visited NY last week and I won some tickets to see him in Central Park. Grabbed my Xiaomi Yi and decided to film it. The camera is in the waterproof case on a small cheap flexible tripod held above my head. As you can hear sound isn't too muffled by the case. You can hear one woman with a healthy excitement and quite a set of lungs.

Getting the Yi passed security was a challenge since I needed to show it working and it doesnt have a screen. I got passed on to a Secret Service agent and needed to connect it to the wifi app to prove it was a working camera. Also not knowing when the Pope was passing by was a challenge because the Yi takes too long to startup and even longer to connect to the app. I was doing dry runs leaving it connected to the app and when the time came to hit record, the app disconnected. After a few times I gave up and just hit record and looked for the blinking light to show it was recording. I wasn't sure it was actually recording when filming this. Not the easiest wifi camera to get going fast.

Last edited:
Why are there so many bodyguards? Does the pope not have any garden angels to protect him.

Why are there so many bodyguards? Does the pope not have any garden angels to protect him.
With this Pope's choice to roll with no protection on either side of the popemobile and him getting out to give so many blessings to people that were watching him, I would say he has a good amount of Guardian Angels protecting him.

I always thought a Jeep was the most suitable vehicle for NYC streets.

Back