Possible 0806s power issue?

Mattyboyc0806s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a strange problem that I am wondering if anyone else has come across, I upgraded my 0806 to the 0806s as I changed my car and left the old one fitted. I bought it from Combi uk along with their hard wire kit. I have installed the camera this morning but have come across a strange issue. If I don’t power the camera from the hard wire kit but directly from the cigar socket via the supplied lead all seems to work as it should, now if I power the camera via the hard wire kit the camera comes on with ignition power and records fine, however I a unable to use any of the buttons on the camera so I can’t pause recording or enter the menu or anything. As said if I remove from the base which is powered via the hard wire kit and power camera via the cigar socket lead all works fine.
I’m stumped as to what it could be but and suggestions will be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance,
Matt

I also have had power problems along with switching off and on, no GPS, missed film etc. My solution was to try running with it in the GPS mount but the lead plugged into the Camera NOT the GPS mount and it worked fine. Except you do not get the GPS.
This is my 2nd GPS mount in 3 or 4 years so it's really not so bad but annoying that the GPS mounts seem to just die, it's a pity they don't incorporate the GPS into the Camera. I have a Capacitor version and firmware is 161115 in all the time I've had the 0806 I really have had no problems with the running of it except the mount. One thing that does seem to be a problem is the fact that you need QuickTime which is virtually useless nowadays it's time for a better viewer.
Now if anyone can suggest a solution I also have a small problem: since updating my cards by formatting them I no longer seem to have any software on them.

Back