Power LED Blinking

Comander208

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installed an SG9665GC on Saturday past (2 July) having purchased it from Niko's website. Used the supplied Cell Power kit which he had included and wired it into a switched fuse point on my Audi A6. All worked as expected on Saturday and Sunday. On Monday afternoon I started a journey at which time the camera powered up as normal but about 15 minutes into the journey the camera appeared to power down, then powered up before finally powering down again. Now all that happens when I start the engine is that the power led blinks continually and does not progress from there.

I've tried removing the camera from the hard wired USB plug and it works absolutely normally when powered via the supplied cigarette lighter cord. I've also tried the camera with the hard wire supply fitted to a different fuse point on the car (currently the wiper motor supply fuse) but it still refuses to get past the blinking power led.

I'm suspecting a fault in the Cell Power unit but does anyone have a similar experience or knowledge of what could be wrong?

I did send Niko a message via his website yesterday but so far haven't received a reply.

either wrong circuit (or poor ground) or a faulty Cell Power unit, either way @niko will help get you sorted, not sure how he missed your message but that could be a website issue, I'll let him know

@Comander208

Not sure why, but I found your e-mail from smap folder. Thanks for motifying me here.
Will replay you within 1h ( now I sm on the go ) and no worries, I will look after you.

Looks like issue may come from hardwire kit. I am going to send you a new one. I have sent an e-mail with shipping address confirmation.

Looks like issue may come from hardwire kit. I am going to send you a new one. I have sent an e-mail with shipping address confirmation.

make sure it has a good ground, next order I'll send you some spares of these to keep in stock

make sure it has a good ground, next order I'll send you some spares of these to keep in stock
Yeah, I will double-test on the bench over night to be 200% sure before shipping.

to date I've only seen one of these fail, have had some returns but they test up fine, only issues we've found is voltage related, poor ground, incorrect circuit etc

to date I've only seen one of these fail, have had some returns but they test up fine, only issues we've found is voltage related, poor ground, incorrect circuit etc
Issue is sorted. It was poor ground. @Comander208 will share his finding when will get a chance.

Hi Guys

Problem is indeed solved and appears to have been related to a poor grounding point for the Cell Power. I was thrown a bit in my fault finding by the fact that the camera had worked O.K. for a couple of days after installation but then suddenly decided to turn off without obvious reason. Anyway, following Jokiin's very prompt response I moved the earth cable to a more robust point on the car and hey presto - instant success.

Many thanks to Jokiin for his very prompt assistance and also to Niko who chimed in immediately he recovered my original message from his spam folder and who was prepared to instantly ship me a replacement power unit.

My choice of camera purchase was greatly dictated by the positive reviews not only of the camera itself but also of the service and support provided by both Jokiin and Niko that I read about in this forum and I have to say my decision to go with Street Guardian has been proved correct. Thanks once again guys.

Back