Power Magic vs UPC

pandap

Reaction score
Just thought I would like to share the info I found out last night regarding Power Magic VS Itronics Uninterrupted Power Cable ITV-80(UPC)

1. According to a conversation with apple-ct @ ebay, he mentioned that Power Magic's setup is more brief, although I don't see much difference in terms of setting up in their respective user manuals
2. Power Magic time setting can go up to 72 hrs where UPC can only go 48 hrs
3. Both Power Magic and UPC can be use alongside with ITB-100HD, i would assume the opposite is also true
4. In Apple-ct's store, the UPC alone cost more vs PowerMagic alone. Combo-ing with ITB-100 HD, the one that combo with UPC actually cost less than combo-ing with Power magic

Thanks for sharing the info pandap. You are right both battery protectors are interchangeable.

One other thing, there is another battery protector called the BlackVue Power Magic Pro. It has an additional feature of turning off the timer setting. It is more expensive though.

Dash Cam Man

I found that the Livue LB100 have a very interesting feature called Shutdown delay. This feature is almost the same like the Itronics ITV80 UPC regarding the maximum 48 hours feature, but with more time settings.

Also if I remember correctly, some cameras are showing on the recorded image the battery voltage, so I think camera always knows what is the input voltage and based of this value, we can have some camera setting to power off at some desired value, for example 11.8V.
But!
There is something in korean manual about 11.8V, but I didn't see the option in the app settings:
차량 배터리 방전 방지기능 사용 시 12V 경우 11.8V, 24V 경우 24V 미만의 전압이 30초 이상 유지될 때 차량 배터리 전원 차단기능
And I understand from the manual that if you will choose the option "Always On", if the voltage will go to the 11.8V for more than 30 seconds (voltage can go low when turning on the engine and is supposed to not turn on the key more than 30 seconds to just start the engine), no matter the delay used, the camera will power off. If this will happen after a week, then after a week your camera will shut down if battery will go down to 11.8V.

So if we have the voltage and timed power off as settings options for camera we can save some money regarding UPC and some troubles when mounting it.

Here are more screenshots about the Livue LB100 settings.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back