Power Supply for GS5000

sirchs

Reaction score
Hi,

To begin with - Hi Folks :mrgreen: it is my first post so Hello again!!!!

Some time ago I got from DX Cam called GS5000 - basically it is a blue one GS1000 - lucky me it is a new blue one :) .
From the beginning I wanted to connect it to my custom power supply hidden inside the ceiling lamp :twisted:

Diagnostic:
Cam start recording only with provided power supply - that sucks :x

Reason:
Provided power supply has no standard connection inside the plug Mini A: as described

Pin Name Cable color Description
1 VBUS None not connected
4 ID Red connected to +5V
5 GND Black ground

So the pin 1 and 5 does not met standard in some way, please compare with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Serial_Bus
I am thinking about two possible final solution
1. I will rework a cable to met cam expectation
2. I will try to rework cam to work as expected with standard :) cable

Ad1 - this solution has a week side - I can blow by mistake any other device
Ad2 - hmmm this need to dig inside a cam so I can ruin it :roll:

Well I will update topic, perhaps will add some picture - stay tuned 8-)

Regards Kris

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Unfortunately it is not OTG :(
Why - because in OTG mode You can see ground is connected to the (pin4) Sense where I have a power on it :o
They made a tricky cut-out over Pin 1, there is no +5V connected to it being dedicated to be the power source, instead of it - Pin4 takes this role :roll:
I found that Mini usb standard: called Host mode has something similar - pin1 as power supply and pin4 is connected to the signal (whatever means signal )
If I use standard usb cable the Cam is working but is not recording automatically.

Best Kris

There is something fishy going on with these cameras and connectors, because my GS1000 Orange won't start with GS5000 charger and vice versa, i have no idea why.
But i know that my gs1000 started recording with otg cable.
My gs5000 is past away now so i can't test that anymore.

Actually i have 2 dascams and both of them start recording if i connect them with OTG adapter, so there must be something in that.

OTG cable has only one little change compared to regular cable. On the device side nr. 4-5 pins are connected together.
It's hard to get to the pins as all the connectors are molded. If you can buy just a connector and make your own cable then it's easy.
Or just use that OTG adapter/extension between regular cable.

im.tech2.in.com_gallery_2012_jun_difference_circuit_271738111300.jpg

Back