Power?

dg1972

Reaction score
Country
United States
Apparently my other post ended up in the wrong sub forum.
Will it be possible, when I get to my destination, to turn off and unplug power from the unit for storage without having to wait an absurd amount of time? I plan on dismounting the unit from the windshield and putting it out of sight and sun.

you can unplug the camera whenever u want.
and it will also save the last clip to the memory card with the electricity from the capacitor (internal battery)

That's exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

The camera should not get damaged by just sitting in the sun, repeated removing / installing can also take a toll on the mounting system in the long run.
Sunshine and parking guard however are not the best of friends, but even in that case cameras should do a thermal shut down rather than start to melt.

But yeah you can always "yank" the power and get on with it, i actually do that myself testing cameras here on my computer table.
Assuming the internal power source are in working condition, it should finish up what ever is going on when you yank the power.

Last edited:
I just purchased it. The reason for my questions is that cars here can get close to 82C in the summer, so I'm not taking any chances with a $400+ unit. Also, my nearly new sporty red car attracts enough attention. I don't need $400 just sitting in the windshield as an advertisement. ;)

Hi There, the U1000 is designed to handle up to 140F degrees operating, and 158F degrees when in storage. If the Dash Cam starts reaching this temperature, it will announce that it's shutting down due to the temperature. If you prefer, there are no problems unplugging the Dash Cam and removing it from the mount!

IMO it's a pitty to have your 400 usd camera and NOT use the parking mode feauture.
I drive quite a "noticeable" car too, but keep my camera where it is .
to be honest you don't really see it if you're not looking for it...

Last edited:
I would wire a backup battery and run the camera on parking mode if you claim to drive a car that's considered "noticable".

I will be more worried about getting door dings and getting keyed (hence parking mode is essential) than someone breaking a window to steal a camera.

i have a U1000 dual cam, PLUS a F770 dual

main units in front and rear, and the rears cams are on the side windows, so i've got a 360° view

each unit has its own back up battery, IE 2x this: https://www.dashwitness.com/shop/cellink-pro/
Same here.. I left my front back on 1 camera, and left right on 2nd camera. Both units wired to backup battery. It is great for catching people cutting you off or people giving you dirty looks or unprofessional gestures.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L U1000 1
L U1000 5
Back