PowerCell 8 + 2 Cellink Neo ext battery

marcomrctavares

Reaction score
Country
United States
I already have a PowerCell 8 + Cellink Neo ext battery pack, they works great!

I bought one more Cellink Neo ext battery and I can’t see it on the app, I don’t know if it’s working or not because it’s not showing up on the app. The app just shows 14.3ah (7500mah PC8 + 6800mah Cellink) it isn’t showing the 3rd battery.

One think that I notice in order to the Cellink shows up on the app, the cable has to be plugged in the Cellink port IN/OUT AUTO, if it’s plugged in the port IN/OUT doesn’t work.

I already contacted the BlackBoxMyCar by email but they didn’t reply. Does anyone here with more knowledge can help me out?

Attachments

• IMG_2765.jpeg
    IMG_2765.jpeg
    560.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2766.jpeg
    IMG_2766.jpeg
    540.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2772.png
    IMG_2772.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2768.png
    IMG_2768.png
    321.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
What happens when you change the 6800 to 13600? I believe those boxes are editable like with Egen's other apps, but I'd have to doublecheck with the PC8.

The battery capacity of the total system for the PC8 is editable in the Cellink NEO Plus app (at least on Android). You need to tap on the field value and that's when the field becomes an editable field.

1682560481874.png

Update: I just tested the iOS Cellink NEO Plus app and that field is editable.

The battery capacity of the total system for the PC8 is editable in the Cellink NEO Plus app (at least on Android). You need to tap on the field value and that's when the field becomes an editable field.

View attachment 64849

Update: I just tested the iOS Cellink NEO Plus app and that field is editable.
I’m sitting in my car right now with an Android and iOS on my lap, none of them is editable. Only the changing current.
Which version of the app are you using on your android and iOS?
For me the latest version downloaded from google store and App Store doesn’t allow to edit.

Last edited:
I’m sitting in my car right now with an Android and iOS on my lap, none of them is editable. Only the charging current.
Which version of the app are you using on your android and iOS?
For me the latest version downloaded from google store and App Store doesn’t allow to edit.
iOS version 1.4.11
Android version 1.4.11

I simply tap on the current field value and it changes to a data entry field.

What happens when you change the 6800 to 13600? I believe those boxes are editable like with Egen's other apps, but I'd have to doublecheck with the PC8.
@Vortex Radar If you get a chance, could you check on your phone if those box are editable?

On my phones only the “charging current” option is editable, but on @rcg530 phone those options are editable.

I created an unlisted video on my YouTube channel which walks through the editing of the external battery capacity using the iOS and Android versions of the Cellink NEO Plus app.

@Vortex Radar If you get a chance, could you check on your phone if those box are editable?

On my phones only the “charging current” option is editable, but on @rcg530 phone those options are editable.
Just tried it on iOS and I had no problem setting the power level to over 9000. :p

IMG_2556.png

@rcg530 Thank you so much for recording and update that video, helped me a lot.

After watching your video I realized that I wasn’t able to change those values because the extended battery was connected. I had to disconnect the Cellink and then change the mah.

I had a little problem when I was trying, I disconnected the Cellink from the PC8, changed the Mah to 13600 (2 cellink) and when I plugged the Cellink to the PC8 the values automatically changed back to 6800mah.

After turning on and off the PC8 a few times and closing and open the app I was able to get the right 21100mah on the app, it’s been a few hours and looks like it’s working now.

Now I just have to test it, I’m running the A139 Pro 2 channels and I just watched your video again about power consumption and the average consumption in parking mode LBR for 2 channels is 439mah. So 21100 ÷ 439 = 48.06. So it should last around 48 hours; Am I right?

@rcg530 Thank you so much for recording and update that video, helped me a lot.

After watching your video I realized that I wasn’t able to change those values because the extended battery was connected. I had to disconnect the Cellink and then change the mah.

I had a little problem when I was trying, I disconnected the Cellink from the PC8, changed the Mah to 13600 (2 cellink) and when I plugged the Cellink to the PC8 the values automatically changed back to 6800mah.

After turning on and off the PC8 a few times and closing and open the app I was able to get the right 21100mah on the app, it’s been a few hours and looks like it’s working now.

Now I just have to test it, I’m running the A139 Pro 2 channels and I just watched your video again about power consumption and the average consumption in parking mode LBR for 2 channels is 439mah. So 21100 ÷ 439 = 48.06. So it should last around 48 hours; Am I right?
Your calculation is correct. I tried the conversion to Wh and it was similar.

21100 x 12.8 Volts (stated value on battery pack) = 270080
270080 / 1000 = 270.08 Wh total capacity
270.08 Wh / 5.53 Watts (from my chart) = 48.839 Hours.

Your calculation is correct. I tried the conversion to Wh and it was similar.

21100 x 12.8 Volts (stated value on battery pack) = 270080
270080 / 1000 = 270.08 Wh total capacity
270.08 Wh / 5.53 Watts (from my chart) = 48.839 Hours.
Thanks @rcg530 and @Vortex Radar

You guys are always sharing your knowledge and time helping everyone out here and YT.

You guys rock!

I already have a PowerCell 8 + Cellink Neo ext battery pack, they works great!

I bought one more Cellink Neo ext battery and I can’t see it on the app, I don’t know if it’s working or not because it’s not showing up on the app. The app just shows 14.3ah (7500mah PC8 + 6800mah Cellink) it isn’t showing the 3rd battery.

One think that I notice in order to the Cellink shows up on the app, the cable has to be plugged in the Cellink port IN/OUT AUTO, if it’s plugged in the port IN/OUT doesn’t work.

I already contacted the BlackBoxMyCar by email but they didn’t reply. Does anyone here with more knowledge can help me out?
The three battery packs are quite large. Where did you install them?

So, I purchased a second Cellink Neo Extended. I now have a Powercell 8 and 2 Cellink Neo Extended. In order for me to change the numbers for Ext Battrey capacity in the Cellink Neo PLUS app in my IOS, I had to hook up the 3 batteries the following way. But there is one problem.

Powercell 8 power out to 1st Cellink Extended In/Out. Then cable from from 1st Cellink In/Out Auto to 2nd Cellink In/Out Auto.
Then I can type in a new number (13,600) into the Ext. Battery capacity for the 2 Celllink Extended. The newest Cellink Extended batteries are 6,800 (the previous models were only 6,600).

The only problem now is the running time shows 200 Hours. I know that in not correct. It should be around 46+ to 50+ hours. Usually the 200 Hours running time shows up in the app only when no dashcam is attached. Anyone else encounter this issue?

Last edited:
Back