Pro Packing Accessories

ArgusMcJohnsten

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered one of these off B&H, as they are in the states and I didn't want to risk it not getting here before vacation. I saw unboxings and writeups saying theirs came with the wrist remote and the external microphone, but mine came with the dash cam mount (no suction cup) but the manual lists all of these under optional. I could see me using the remote and microphone, so I was really hoping it would have came with those, and I ordered a mount thinking that it wouldn't have that, so now I have 2 of those.
Should I contact B&H about this or figure it's luck of the draw? What did yours come with?

Thanx

B&H generally has excellent customer service so it would certainly be worth contacting them. I've been a customer of theirs for decades and I would recommend a phone call over email. As far as I know, the wrist remote and external microphone are optional extras but perhaps they've had a special package on offer that you may or may not have been eligible for? Like I say give them a call. Sometimes they'll make an accomodation even if it wasn't part of the package you ordered, especially if you talk to someone on the phone rather than email.

' bought my Git 2 in a pkg. from an EBay seller that included those accessories!

Thanks guys. I tried calling B&H, but evidently their customer service is closed on Saturdays. Boo!(n)
Now I have to debate about whether to charge it and play around with it or wait until I talk to customer service.

Thanks guys. I tried calling B&H, but evidently their customer service is closed on Saturdays. Boo!(n)
Now I have to debate about whether to charge it and play around with it or wait until I talk to customer service.

They're open Sundays and all week until Friday afternoon. Maybe hang in there for a day?

support_hours.jpg

I guess I will. I'm so impatient, especially with new toys, even worse on a weekend with nothing else to do, lol.

Hah! I know the feeling....it's like being a kid on Christmas morning. :smuggrin: I guess you could maybe get away with a partial battery charge and some basic testing of the camera. Just be careful with the packaging and reset the menu to its defaults if you decide to return it. Another option is just to purchase the mic and wrist remote elsewhere. Bangood usually sells the mic and wrist remote for far less than B&H. (I also notice the mic is now listed on B&H as "discontinued".)

That was a no-go. They said the only accessories are what was listed in the manual, so the people who got the remote and mic were extras when they were packaged at the company. Poo!

Won't let me add it to the cart, but I did find it on ebay for $15 or with mic for $22. I think I'll play with it for a while first and see if it's something I'd even benefit from.

Thank you for all your help Dashmellow!

Won't let me add it to the cart, but I did find it on ebay for $15 or with mic for $22. I think I'll play with it for a while first and see if it's something I'd even benefit from.

Thank you for all your help Dashmellow!

You're welcome!

Gearbest is represented here on DCT. If you tag them (@GearBest) maybe they can help you place an order for the wrist remote at the discounted price when it's in stock soon? Not sure if they stock the microphone though.

The remote control and external MIC is optional, need buy this separately.

Back