Problem with DOD LS430

jackcb

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey,

I got my DOD LS430 around a week ago and it has been working well.

However, today I am having problems. I used it in the morning and it recorded just fine. However, this afternoon - upon turning on the car - it just shows a red light in the top left hand corner. Buttons don't work, won't turn on at all.

I always have it plugged into the car charger..

I have it plugged into the computer right now - and there's no status light at all. It's just unresponsive.

Anyone know what's going on?

Jack.

EDIT: Had to hold the reset button for 5 seconds or so. Switched on as usual.... God that's annoying.

I had mine for just short 2 months now there's a few problems but near 200 hours playing,i have only needed to reboot twice and replace the fuse in the power adapter cord.

I always pull the power cord out swithing between different mode's of transport and have had the same problem around 7 time's,which is some software problem i beleive.

The amount of data the thing holds make it worth while investment for any full time driver.

I have just uploaded my first youtube file and have a around 100 things to upload including being rearended at lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZhrUx6IIM

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really weird, I can't believe that it worked well for 2 weeks and now it's giving me trouble. What has changed??? I don't get it :/

Every time I want to record, I have to hold the reset button and the on button for 4-5 seconds. That's just to switch it on. Once this is done, I can turn it on and off as much as I want. But when I leave it off for 1+ hours, I can't turn it on anymore - and have to repeat the reset procedure.

That makes me think that there is something wrong with the battery. Although I don't understand why the reset button would be connected to the battery. Seems I may have a faulty unit.

Anyone else experiencing these problems / have a fix? I'm tempted to start the refund/replacement process.

And why did you have to replace the fuse in the power adapter? What other problems do you have?

I try to leave power on and just pull the adaptor from power source out and the unit(LS430) turns off around in 30 secounds,i try to only manualy use the light button to condition of day.

Fuse's in most device's,leads blow all the time best to have spare's incase,this happens.( Mine happened on a long trip after running 5 hours straight from Narre Warren to New South Wales,the red led wasn't as bright than nothing device turned of within a 30 secound window like all time's i remove power )

The end that plugs into power source can be turned to replace fuse,the fuse's are available at any good store,i have 3 type's fuse's make sure to buy the correct rated fuse, and each was under $10 for a packet of fuse's.( check that the end is tight mine at arrival was loose this can cause a incorrect contact between power and fuse which inturn will give had power or little to unit..its like a screw up torch screw up end all the way or no light come's out)

The usb connection needs to be plugged in firmly to work correctly,i tend to think this is my biggest worry since, i remove plug alot and i think it long term is going to be the fail point??( i use usb device for work they work for a few years than tend to be worn out,device would be needing replacement than anyway)

Most time's i have problems are around tram line's where there large electrial impules of energy ..wether this has a bearing i can't answer..tend to think internal building of device.

I needed to reboot today in central Melbourne the radio was also cutting in and out so,i beleive in above sentence.

Hope something above can help solve your issue,or find a nerd they can solve most stuff.

I just uploaded a video of the fault for all to see.

Entire video:
http://youtu.be/EEYphnXK39I

Pin + Power button fix:
http://youtu.be/EEYphnXK39I?t=3m

The first 3 minutes is me visually describing the fault (the camera doesn't turn on despite car electrical system running). At 3 minutes, I show a pin pressing the reset button along with the power button to turn on the camera (after which it continues to work).

Just a note to say that the seller has instructed me to ship back the faulty product (at my own cost) to him in China. I will do this soon. Next time I buy a dash camera, it won't be DOD.

Last edited by a moderator:
mine start up time about 5 sec due to "check sd" when booting. The GPS receiver as good as none

I thought it is time to reenter this thread again to say i'm having next to no problems with my Dod LS 430,there were a few patches with media player after above comments and hasn't missed a file since.

I have now recorded over 12000,files with next to no problems with the camera for the last 2 months.

I have it stored in a soft pouch with a liner to keep cool in glovebox when not in use.

I do have the problem with the above statement"
Most time's i have problems are around tram line's where there large electrial impules of energy ..wether this has a bearing i can't answer..tend to think internal building of device." and has been next to perfect minus a few techinal problems with build of camera.

I have plently of clips on youtube to look for one's self wether you are considering this camera.(my user id is "dandybound")

So your problem with the camera not turning on anymore went away on it's own?

I thought it is time to reenter this thread again to say i'm having next to no problems with my Dod LS 430,there were a few patches with media player after above comments and hasn't missed a file since.

I have now recorded over 12000,files with next to no problems with the camera for the last 2 months.

I have it stored in a soft pouch with a liner to keep cool in glovebox when not in use.

I do have the problem with the above statement"
Most time's i have problems are around tram line's where there large electrial impules of energy ..wether this has a bearing i can't answer..tend to think internal building of device." and has been next to perfect minus a few techinal problems with build of camera.

I have plently of clips on youtube to look for one's self wether you are considering this camera.(my user id is "dandybound")

Back