Problem with F800 Pro staying connected

rearnold

Reaction score
Country
United States
Some how I screwed up. My F800PRO has been working great, usally when I startup it will say be sure you are connect to thinkware-39 on your smart phone. I would go to my Iphone setting a connect to thinkware AND off we would go. To day after one minute it said it could not connect to thinke-39 and would be trying to connect to a hot spot an I should be sure that I turn on my hot spot. I don't have a hot spot. How do I get it back to normal?

Is the hotspot on your phone still turned on and did it change?

I don't have hot spot turned on for my IPhone

I don't have hot spot turned on for my IPhone
Hello There, If the Dash Cam states to connect with a Hotspot, press the WiFi Button on the device once and you will hear "Please connect to a WiFi Network whose name starts with Thinkware."

Last edited:
Ok, so your connecting directly to the wifi on the camera. First Try restarting the phone. Then with the camera on and ready, in your phone's WiFi settings try turning off WiFi and back on to see if it will connect to the camera if it doesn't connect to the camera then check to see if it shows as an available network and reconnect if it does as that connection may have changed or gotten deleted somehow. If it doesn't show the camera as an available WiFi connection then something must have changed on the camera and since you never had it connected to your phone's hotspot there probably won't be anything you can do short of factory resetting the camera and starting over.

Back