Problem with G-ON3

PasPetri

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi, my name is Pasquale and I have just purchased and installed the dash cam in question from one of distributors in Italy.
I have configuration problems which I list below:

1- the guide voice I can not raise the volume even if set to maximum remains low and also does not speak in Italian.
2- if I activate the cloud and enter the SSID and password of my 4G / LTE router, I can no longer access the dash cam with the GNET App on my Apple iPhone or if I enter the SSID and password of the dash cam it no longer appears in the list of WiFi networks.
3- with the WithCloud App I can't modify and customize the settings and it takes a long time to view both the live video and the recorded videos.
4- if I do the default reset I can access the dash cam and in the evening in live video the images are dark and not clear.

I hope you can help me in solving these issues.
Thank you and greetings.

Ciao Pasquale, welcome to the forum.

I am not familiar with the Gnet cameras, while it is not a new brand it dont figure on this forum very often.
1: i am not sure if Italian language are supported too, regarding the volume of the speech it have also been a "issue" on other brand cameras, some times too low some times too loud for the liking of people.
This might change with firmware updates.
2: Not able to help here, never had a Gnet camera, i was on the brink getting the G-ON to test last year but then corona came and nothing happened.
3: Also not able to help here.

I will tag in a few people that might be able to help further.
@SJKIM
@DrekiTech

Ciao Pasquale, welcome to the forum.

Non ho familiarità con le fotocamere Gnet, sebbene non sia un marchio nuovo, non compare molto spesso su questo forum.
1: non sono sicuro che sia supportata anche la lingua italiana, per quanto riguarda il volume del discorso è stato anche un "problema" su fotocamere di altre marche, a volte troppo basso a volte troppo alto per i gusti delle persone.
Questo potrebbe cambiare con gli aggiornamenti del firmware.
2: Non sono in grado di aiutare qui, non ho mai avuto una fotocamera Gnet, ero sull'orlo di far testare il G-ON l'anno scorso, ma poi è arrivata la corona e non è successo nulla.
3: Anche qui non sono in grado di aiutare.

Taggherò alcune persone che potrebbero essere in grado di aiutare ulteriormente.
@SJKIM
@DrekiTech
ok thanks, I would be very grateful.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Greetings

2. The camera is using its wifi connection to connect to the hotspot, so it can do that or phone. I will mention to the manufacturer that they need an easy way to switch between wifi on hotspot and phone direct (you can also try to long press the Wi-Fi button and see if that helps let you connect via phone, it is unclear that this is needed to connect by the help docs)

3. Sorry I have not used the WithCloud app extensively. I was planning to test cloud apps in the new year and do not have time for it at the moment

4. As with most cameras, video is darker and more blurry in the evening, this is the nature of photography and shutter speed. The camera makes a slower shutter speed to capture more light and that can result in images being more blurry. If you have any tinting on your car it gets far worse. Some dashcams are better than others at night, but no dashcam is "perfect" and you'll almost always see smearing or detail loss, if you can put some samples we can see if it is expected, or if it is out of the ordinary.

2. The camera is using its wifi connection to connect to the hotspot, so it can do that or phone. I will mention to the manufacturer that they need an easy way to switch between wifi on hotspot and phone direct (you can also try to long press the Wi-Fi button and see if that helps let you connect via phone, it is unclear that this is needed to connect by the help docs)

3. Sorry I have not used the WithCloud app extensively. I was planning to test cloud apps in the new year and do not have time for it at the moment

4. As with most cameras, video is darker and more blurry in the evening, this is the nature of photography and shutter speed. The camera makes a slower shutter speed to capture more light and that can result in images being more blurry. If you have any tinting on your car it gets far worse. Some dashcams are better than others at night, but no dashcam is "perfect" and you'll almost always see smearing or detail loss, if you can put some samples we can see if it is expected, or if it is out of the ordinary.
Hi, thanks for answering me.
In the device configuration menu, in the CLOUD item it tells me to enter 3 SSID + Password, the first one I entered the SSID + Password of my 4G / LTE router, and after restarting the list of WiFi networks the dashcam no longer appears. I can no longer connect to it. To do this I have to reset everything and only so it appears again in the list of WiFi networks.

Gnet just posted about the new G-ONQ camera, and there it say the iot thing is just for S Korea, i do not know if that is a new thing or if it is just for this new model.

IoT(Korea only)LTE Cat.4 (parking impact alert, 3-second video, parking location, power control) Supported

It could also be it is just CUZ this model have a build in 4G modem VS "older" models that rely on a external access point to the internet ( 4G router or phone )

I must say in all honesty, that network things is far from my force, and i am a avid hater of wifi which i would never use on my phone or laptop or home computer, but i do occational use it on the phone for gadgets like action and dash cameras and their APP's, i must admit that i an getting old and my eyes bad, so reading a large phone screen VS a 1" dash or action camera screen is better.

Back