Problems turning off

StinkyCheese

Reaction score
Country
United States
Recently replaced my V2 (I think the heat finally killed it after about a year a couple months) with a V3 and now I can't get the V3 to power off when I push the power button. I push and hold for 5 seconds (or any length of time) and it just power cycles. I'm using the 3 wire hard wire kit that worked just fine with the V2 and the V2 would turn off. I have parking mode disabled since none of the fuses in cab are ignition, only hot or something that can't be used, and I have no real use for parking mode. I have power plugged into the GPS unit, where I mounted it I can't plug into the actual cam because I figured the GPS unit would be sufficient. I'll have to remember to try pulling the camera out and plugging directly into the camera to see if somehow the GPS mount is messing it up somehow? I know I've read GPS mount problems with the 119 series in the past. Also yes I'm using the V3 mount on the V3 since the V2 and V3 mounts are pinned differently or something. I'd really like to not have to pull the plug from the gps mount every time I get home, actually I won't I'll just let the thing run 24/7, but would prefer not to do that. Thoughts?

I'll have to remember to try pulling the camera out and plugging directly into the camera to see if somehow the GPS mount is messing it up somehow?
The GPS mount of A119 V2 is not compatible with A119 V3. But the GPS mount won't affect the camera to power on/off.

Could you please use your phone to take and share a video about the whole process when you push the power button to power off the camera?

Try to power the GPS mount using the 12V cigarette USB power supply or simply from an USB cable from the wall socket adapter and see if you can't still turn it off.

Alright so I did some more testing and I've figured out as long as my truck is completely off it turns off and stays off. If my truck is running or even on the 10 minute power to everything until the driver's door is opened it restarts. Also it appears to be doing what I wanted the V2 to do which is turn on when I turn my factory fog/driving lights on (ACC is tapped into that fuse if I remember correctly). Since I always push that button I wanted that just in case I forgot to turn the cam on. Next step will be to have the driving lights come on with ignition, but that's irrelevant. The V2 didn't do this so I'm curious as to why the V3 does when wired the exact same way. Either way other than having to remember to turn the V3 off with the truck completely off I'm happy with how it's running and don't have much need to change or troubleshoot it more. Plus when people try to turn it off it'll just restart and they won't notice so that's another plus. I do need to remember to see if it'll turn off with the truck running and the fogs off. I don't quite understand why it restarts instead of turning off with the truck not running but in that 10 minute run stuff off the batteries mode thing. Thanks for replying!

I bet it will be in the hardwire kit you reused from the V2. V3 has the wiring done a little differently, to cater for an extra signal telling camera if ACC is on or off.

Nope I used the 3 wire V3 kit the V2 kit only has 2 wires right? HK3ACC

Ahh ok nevermind, I thought that when you wrote you had been using the kit with the V2 that it is some kind of a 3-wire kit that was released before the V3 and its respective HK3 kit.

Figured out it didn't like being hooked into my running/driving lights fuse. It randomly powered off. Now I've got both wires on constant power and no problems. I guess I'll crimp both wires into 1 add a fuse to cut down on clutter in that fuse panel. I do miss it turning on "automagically" though :(

Ideally you need to find an ignition (pos 1 or pos 2) connection.

Back