Problems with N5

Kagliostro71

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, I have a couple of problems with my N5, I installed it with the Vantrue Hardwire kit to monitor parking 24h.
First problem, why are the videos it records of different times (between 1 and 2 minutes) and, between one video and another (for the same cam), seconds are lost (even 7/8)?
I'm using a Samsung 512 GB PRO Plus XC I U3 A2 V30 micro SD card, is this ok?
I set the sensitivity to 1 for collisions during parking but, when I do some tests (moving the car with my hands) it doesn't record anything (it doesn't detect the "collision")?
Thank you all

Ciao Kagliostro71, welcome to the forum.

If you have some form of motion detection going, if motion persist it will keep recording as long as there is motion and so make different size files.
Sadly i have not tested much of the parking guard features in my test sample, and i have turned it off for the winter so some months since i used it.
I would assume the Samsung card are ok, i have / had this in my test suite too, but it somehow got lost for me, and must have been for a while CUZ these are the cards i hate tested in the N5 so far:
At least judging from my testing the N5 is not a memory fussy system.

These all 256GB models.

Sandisk high endurance - OK
Sillicon Power 3D nand ( brown ) - not OK
Kingston canvas go plus - OK
Kingston canvas select plus - OK
Adata High endurance - OK
Adata premiere pro - OK
Sandisk extreme PRO - OK
Trancend Ultra performance - OK
Sillicon power elite ( old rainbow color ) U1 - XC1 - OK
Samsung evo plus ( white ) - not OK ( slow card error )
WD Purple, not qd101 - OK
Sandisk extreme plus - OK

Today i have put the 256GB PNY Pro Elite in the N5 and it seem to be working fine, at least it would format and record for now, but will have to wait and see until it have been full for a while ( this take me 3 weeks or so to do )

You rocking the car might not be enough, not a swift G force, when i test the G-force i do so by kicking a wheel with the sole of my foot, you can also slap the windscreen where the camera is, or if you are sitting in the car flick the camera itself with just 1 finger.

I am not sure if 1 are the highest or lowers sensitivity for the G-sensor, i do personally use the highest possible when parked, where as i do not use it when driving, or of not possible to disable it at least on the lowest sensitivity which is also generally fine with the Danish streets.
You should try the #5 setting / highest number to see if that is better / more sensitive.

I can not recall the parking guard options for the N5, i personally prefer to use low bitrate as it always record, but then i do not need long time parking guard, i normally also use a timer in the camera to stop parking guard after 3 hours, CUZ at home i have CCTV on the car, also park in dark back yard so parking guard in a dashcam would not work good there, my CCTV camera have IR light and see everything + have AI motion detect so only human or vehicle shapes within 1 M of my car set off a notification to my tablet and phone ( i am zoomed in optical from my camera on the 2 floor balcony door 20 M or so from the car, so film a bit down, this mean nothing in the background to set off motion detect )

I do not have any 512 GB memory card to test with, i am planning getting some as they are not terrible expensive, actually you can get one for cheaper than i got a 64 GB card back in the old dashcam days.

Ciao Kagliostro71, welcome to the forum.

If you have some form of motion detection going, if motion persist it will keep recording as long as there is motion and so make different size files.
Sadly i have not tested much of the parking guard features in my test sample, and i have turned it off for the winter so some months since i used it.
I would assume the Samsung card are ok, i have / had this in my test suite too, but it somehow got lost for me, and must have been for a while CUZ these are the cards i hate tested in the N5 so far:
At least judging from my testing the N5 is not a memory fussy system.

These all 256GB models.

Sandisk high endurance - OK
Sillicon Power 3D nand ( brown ) - not OK
Kingston canvas go plus - OK
Kingston canvas select plus - OK
Adata High endurance - OK
Adata premiere pro - OK
Sandisk extreme PRO - OK
Trancend Ultra performance - OK
Sillicon power elite ( old rainbow color ) U1 - XC1 - OK
Samsung evo plus ( white ) - not OK ( slow card error )
WD Purple, not qd101 - OK
Sandisk extreme plus - OK

Today i have put the 256GB PNY Pro Elite in the N5 and it seem to be working fine, at least it would format and record for now, but will have to wait and see until it have been full for a while ( this take me 3 weeks or so to do )

You rocking the car might not be enough, not a swift G force, when i test the G-force i do so by kicking a wheel with the sole of my foot, you can also slap the windscreen where the camera is, or if you are sitting in the car flick the camera itself with just 1 finger.

I am not sure if 1 are the highest or lowers sensitivity for the G-sensor, i do personally use the highest possible when parked, where as i do not use it when driving, or of not possible to disable it at least on the lowest sensitivity which is also generally fine with the Danish streets.
You should try the #5 setting / highest number to see if that is better / more sensitive.

I can not recall the parking guard options for the N5, i personally prefer to use low bitrate as it always record, but then i do not need long time parking guard, i normally also use a timer in the camera to stop parking guard after 3 hours, CUZ at home i have CCTV on the car, also park in dark back yard so parking guard in a dashcam would not work good there, my CCTV camera have IR light and see everything + have AI motion detect so only human or vehicle shapes within 1 M of my car set off a notification to my tablet and phone ( i am zoomed in optical from my camera on the 2 floor balcony door 20 M or so from the car, so film a bit down, this mean nothing in the background to set off motion detect )

I do not have any 512 GB memory card to test with, i am planning getting some as they are not terrible expensive, actually you can get one for cheaper than i got a 64 GB card back in the old dashcam days.
Ciao Kamkar,
Thanks for your reply, I'll try setting the sensitivity to 5 to see if that's the "lowest" sensitivity.
As for the micro SD, I followed this guide
Test for card
and the card passed the test positively.
What else can I try?
Thank you

Back