Protect video starts at worst time

swampy123

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

New to dashcams and this forum but i've had my Nextbase 322gw for a while now and one thing really bugs me. i'll be driving and something will happen so ill press the protect button, then when i arrive at my destination ill go look in the protected folder to watch the clip and it only records the previous 5 seconds of me pressing the protect button. Now i would have thought it would protect at least a minute before and after i press the button? Now i know i could go through the normal folder and locate the right clip but thats faff.

Hi swampy123,

On Nextbase Dash Cams there's a Protected Clip Length of 30 seconds. Once there's been a manual triggering to protect a clip (a user presses the Protect button) 10 seconds of footage prior to manual triggering is buffered in RAM. It is not possible for us to configure more than 10 seconds prior to manual triggering. The camera then stores the following 20 seconds of footage (sufficient quantity of time to neatly capture the incident and outcome) together building a 30 second clip. If any footage prior/post that 30 second period is required, it can be manually retrieved, but will not be an automatically protected recording, which is what you've already discovered by the looks of it. If you want to protect the prior/post footage but don't want to retrieve the footage at that time, you can manually protect individual videos in Preview Mode. A diagram of how to do this (P.33) and more information regarding Clip Protection is available here:

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Millie

Back