Protecting recordings.

Antoeknee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now this is probably a case of I'm missing the obvious.

Yesterday witnessed an accident which was captured by front camera, shows incident well.

I've downloaded the file to my phone but I'd also like to protect the clip on the card in the camera.

As I said probably missing the the obvious but can't seem to find a way to protect an existing recording.

Any ideas?

Now this is probably a case of I'm missing the obvious.

Yesterday witnessed an accident which was captured by front camera, shows incident well.

I've downloaded the file to my phone but I'd also like to protect the clip on the card in the camera.

As I said probably missing the the obvious but can't seem to find a way to protect an existing recording.

Any ideas?
after extended time after the event? No way unless you manually move it into the RO folder and even so, there's a chance it will get deleted after some time if you accumulate too many video protected files (Viofo has said it will delete RO files if they use up more than the assigned percentage (70%/30% I think). Best is to download it and keep it saved on PC/Cloud etc.

Usually the proper way of protecting the file is to press the center button on the dashcam the moment something important occurs. Yet the same applies to what I said. There's a chance that RO files will get deleted if too many RO files exist.

after extended time after the event? No way unless you manually move it into the RO folder and even so, there's a chance it will get deleted after some time if you accumulate too many video protected files (Viofo has said it will delete RO files if they use up more than the assigned percentage (70%/30% I think). Best is to download it and keep it saved on PC/Cloud etc.

Usually the proper way of protecting the file is to press the center button on the dashcam the moment something important occurs. Yet the same applies to what I said. There's a chance that RO files will get deleted if too many RO files exist.
Thanks for reply. Was busy assisting those involved so didn't think to protect at the time.

Kind of expected a way to protect recordings via the app. Have already done as you suggest re saving.

Hope everything ended well and your footage can be of assistance!

Hope everything ended well and your footage can be of assistance!
Thankfully no injuries just some shocked people. Video given to those involved which clearly showed the accident and who was responsible.

Back