Purple light question (Think I know the answer)

MattUK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, happy xmas...

I finally installed my 200 unit in my new car, and stuck a 64Gb card in, which formatted ok and was recording the whole way up on our trip, then stopped and after we restarted the unit was just dead, and it would have a small purple light.

Taking the card out, and the unit comes back to life, so I am guessing its to do with the memory card.

I've seen noticed it doesn't actually support 64Gb, even tho it formatted, so I am assuming it will be this, plus its probably on old firmware..

I've actually just ordered a 220 for the front so i can move the 200 to the back, but wanted to bounce this question off to see if it was anything else.

Camera starts up fine without the card, as soon as I stick it back in then it all goes off, so I dont have an option to format it, and its probably just using the wrong card.. but wanted to bounce it out there in case there is anything else.

Thanks!

Not all type of MicroSD card can use and support on Dash Cam. This require High Endurance or MLC MicroSD card for all car dash cam as our camera is loop the recording and keep overwrite the old file. Normal MicroSD card for sure unable to use. Please bough a better quality MicroSD Card and your problem will solve. Yes, this dash cam can support up to 64GB of MicroSD.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
aki Transcend 2