Q1000

egonvdv

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
TWO Thinkware's U10002CH (rear cams used as side cams)
Does anyone have any experience with this new camera ? (there's no dedicated forum so far)
i'm not so great on the technical side of things, so not sure if this is a better camera then the U1000?
it seems to have an integrated hotspot which is nice

thanks for the explanation. I'm happy with my U1000. cloud is a nice bonus, but not a must.

i have a mobile router in place, but only use it sometimes when parked in "funky" areas.
(i don't leave the router on all the time, as it drains the batteries rather fast)

For now i would only replace my U 1000 if a good 360° would come out

I am pretty happy with my U1000, best dashcam I've owned so far.

Having been pleased with the F800Pro that I purchased in 2018. I decided about a week ago to purchase, directly from THINKWARE, a Q1000 (front & rear with radar) and I spent about 4-5 hours yesterday installing it. During the initial setup, it would not connect/pair to my Pixel 6 phone. After an arduous call with a THINKWARE tech support agent who I don't think has ever seen a Q1000 or android phone. Eventually, it was determined that THINKWARE knows that the Q1000 does not pair with any phone running Android 13. They're working on it. I'm waiting on a call from the Manager tomorrow, to see if there is an actual ETA on the update. I should have powered up the camera and connected it before installing it. JUST an FYI...

Back