Question about the parking mode of the dash cam

Carmen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just set the dash cam to motion + collision detection parking mode, should i leave the dash cam on while the car is off? And it will go to parking mode on its own?

Yes, you can leave it on while the car is shut down. If you turn off the cam by yourself, it won't auto-enter the parking mode.

Yes camera should enter or leave parking mode automatic, these days it is most often done with a 3 wire hard wire kit, something i also understand the N4 need to have functioning parking mode.
It will not work if your dash socket are a always on type and you power it from there, then the N4 will just remain in recording regular video constantly mode, and this is bad in regard to parking mode as it generate more heat.

Most cameras will allow you to turn the parking guard off, say if you park in your garage where you dont need to be using that function, in that case it is often a long press of a button to turn the camera off after it have entered parking mode..
It will power up automatic as normal on your next drive, the manual power off are not a setting change just a temporary option.

Yes camera should enter or leave parking mode automatic, these days it is most often done with a 3 wire hard wire kit, something i also understand the N4 need to have functioning parking mode.
It will not work if your dash socket are a always on type and you power it from there, then the N4 will just remain in recording regular video constantly mode, and this is bad in regard to parking mode as it generate more heat.

Most cameras will allow you to turn the parking guard off, say if you park in your garage where you dont need to be using that function, in that case it is often a long press of a button to turn the camera off after it have entered parking mode..
It will power up automatic as normal on your next drive, the manual power off are not a setting change just a temporary option.
thanks a lot(y)

Back