Questions before purchasing....

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Really thinking about purchasing this camera now, seems like a good time now you can change firmware from CN to US. I do have a couple of questions for existing owners if possible:

• I have seen reports of a focus problem when the camera gets warm (in sunlight?) is this only with certain models or are all of these devices affected? Also is it only temporary while the device is hot?
  • Will this iOS app work with the camera when the US firmware is installed, I live in the UK if it makes a difference: https://appsto.re/gb/3XMQ_.i
  • Looking at purchasing from Gearbest which has it for £43.27 from China, is this the best place to purchase for UK delivery? I can get from their EU warehouse but price goes up.

Also if there is anything else I should be made aware of please let me know :)

Thanks in advance!

Well I can tell ya it took about 2.5 weeks to deliver from China through GearBest via International Bridge to the US if that's any indication of delivery speed.

I haven't experienced focus problems in Vegas heat but members have confirmed proof of focus issues within 20 minutes of turning device on, so it's a crapshoot if you choose to buy this camera.

I don't have iOS but the app on Playstore definitely works with both the Chinese firmware and the US firmware.

Maybe not the answers you're looking for but I say get it from Amazon, pay the extra bucks, and return it if it's not to your liking since Gearbest isn't the best regarding refunds. It really depends on your needs. It has no parking mode, no HDR, and can lose focus so reading license plates is an issue. But it does well for its intended purpose such as recording your drive in decent video but then again so does the Möbius, A118-C, Sgzc12rc, etc.

Above all, I will say you will not lose sleep after getting the Yi dash cam but that's just my opinion.

If you want the international version its available on Geekbuying, if you want chinese version go with GearBest. You do get a full years warranty with Geekbuying. Amazon would be ideal but you cant deliver it to the UK from US amazon when I tried a few weeks ago. It wasn't available on amazon UK website.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Yi Dash Cam 2
Amsterdam Yi Dash Cam 3
Back