Questions.

jr219

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I am considering getting this use or possibly getting two 600 units instead? Any reason why I should consider the 650 vs qty 2 of the 600s? one front one rear. I've heard that the bitrate of the 650 isn't all that good with lots of motion.

Some other questions I have:

- How is parking mode engaged? I think the camera only has power and ground, so it doesn't know when the car is turned off. I assume parking mode is engaged by way of the motion sensor and/or gps?

- Do these units have internal power cut-off under a certain voltage or is a separate power magic pro unit required?

- What kind of draw do these units have in parking mode? mA?

- Can you use more than one unit with a single power magic pro unit?

thanks,

-jr

I am considering getting this use or possibly getting two 600 units instead? Any reason why I should consider the 650 vs qty 2 of the 600s?
What is your primary deciding factor for this? Is it resolution? The rear camera on the DR650 is 720 so that would make two DR600s better for you. Look for alexsoll's post on his custom firmware for the DR650 to address bitrate issues. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/Blackvue-DR650GW-2CH-_-(Custom-firmware).9423/

How is parking mode engaged?
EDIT: Andy is correct, it is the motion sensor that activates it. My bad.

Do these units have internal power cut-off under a certain voltage or is a separate power magic pro unit required?
No. A Power Magic Pro is required.

What kind of draw do these units have in parking mode? mA?
Let me check my documentation.

Can you use more than one unit with a single power magic pro unit?
No, but there is a Power Magic Pro Plus that can power two units. I do not know if it has been discontinued.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think parking mode is engaged by GPS ! I think its the motion sensor - no movement in 5 mins engages Parking Mode automatically.

The Power Magic Pro Plus is not the only low voltage protector - I have another model that gives more control over the voltage cutoff

What is your primary deciding factor for this? Is it resolution? The rear camera on the DR650 is 720 so that would make two DR600s better for you. Look for alexsoll's post on his custom firmware for the DR650 to address bitrate issues. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/Blackvue-DR650GW-2CH-_-(Custom-firmware).9423/

I guess my decision factor is the bitrate and blockiness which comes which I have seen commented on by others. That is what made me think that maybe two 600s where better then the 650.. I assume two 600s have more processing power to better process the video with a higher bitrate.

-jr

Last edited by a moderator:
The Power Magic Pro Plus is not the only low voltage protector - I have another model that gives more control over the voltage cutoff

Which unit do you have?

-jr

Back