Random disconnects

HACK

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I have bought this dashcam like 1 month ago or something, and the dashcam is always disconnecting after a few mins and then connecting again (to WiFi)
It does not seem to be a WiFi related issue because I have this at work, at home and on phone hotspot.
I'm not sure if the device is rebooting or just disconnecting from WiFi..
Pretty annoying that if you buy a dashcam of like 400$, you can't even view the recordings properly.

Have you updated to software V1.009. It appears that this issue addresses that problem.

Can anyone link me to 1.009 firmware?

I have the 1.010 and it keeps disconnecting from my cloud service.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nevermind... Blackvue support came thru [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I still had the unzipped folder for the 1.009 so I zipped it up and it's uploading now.
I'll edit with the link here after it's uploaded.

oh
ok
fine
its ok
ok

(here's the link anyways)

Reactions: Tfp
I downgraded from 1.010 and my 2CH is now connecting to my Home Wi-Fi properly again without disconnecting about every 10 minutes. it seemed to be a range issue as it had no problems connecting to my hotspot on my phone and staying connected for hours on end.

I also have a 1 ch model on 1.010 and it has no issues at all connecting to the same home network.

Mine disconnects from WiFi (both hotspot in the car and home WiFi) when I connect my iPhone to DR750s to check recordings, and it wouldn’t connect back to WiFi after iPhone is disconnected, until I cycle the WiFi on/off button. It started after I updated to firmware 1.010, I comtacted Blackvue, and the replied,

“Greetings from Blackvue.

Can you try to revert back:
Firmaware V1.009 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1psUwIvfAps7-zMc0DlULa16InRKx6Mh- See if this will help to solve the issue.

Thank you
Blackvue Support Team”

I compared firmware v1.009 and I found the reason

firmware v1.010 after using wifi, you will no longer be to connect to the hotspot, only a restart or power failure to the will help

I just went ahead to upgrade firmware to 1.011, and it seems to fix the problem. With 1.010, connecting iPhone to dr750s Wi-Fi would disconnect garage Wi-Fi, and it did not reconnect after disconnecting iPhone. After 1.011 upgrade, connecting iPhone to dr750s would NOT disconnect from garage Wi-Fi, it stayed connected through even after disconnecting iPhone, and this was how it was before 1.010 upgrade. I have contacted Blackvue with this issue before, and they might have addressed that with the new firmware.

It sounds like you're saying after the update, the DR750S will connect to both your garage wi-fi & the iPhone?
I'm assuming that it probably just auto-connects properly after disconnecting your iPhone, but glad it seems to fix that issue.

Now that I try it on my DR750S, I see that mine isn't reconnecting to my garage wi-fi after I disconnected my iPhone.
I guess I'll load up the update, thanks for the report.

Well, since I started using dr750s, it did not notify “disconnected” whenever I connect iPhone while camera had been connected to either garage Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot Wi-Fi. After I loaded 1.010, it started “camera disconnected” and never reconnected automatically to the original Wi-Fi, unless I push “Wi-Fi on/off” to recycle it, or shut the camera off and on again. Today, I came home with the camera connected to mobile Wi-Fi, parked in the garage and waited a little, but camera did not connect to Home Wi-Fi. It immediately connected to home Wi-Fi as I shut off the mobile Wi-Fi device. I didn’t wait long enough, maybe?

Back